• Does the US receive 30 or 40 IPCs during its wartime economy and if Western United States is captured, does Japan gain 50 IPCs from the territory per turn? if not whats the purpose of the ‘50’ on the map.

my apologies if this has already been answered. I had no luck finding the thread

• 30 extra IPCs for being at war with Germany & Japan.

does Japan gain 50 IPCs from the territory per turn?

I’m not sure on this one, sorry.

if not whats the purpose of the ‘50’ on the map.

This is for if you’re playing the Pacific side only.

~MadPup~

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

They can capture the money - if it’s just pacific, and WUS is the capital.

But they don’t collect the big 50,  the extra money is just a National Objective.

• @Gargantua:

They can capture the money - if it’s just pacific, and WUS is the capital.
    But they don’t collect the big 50,  the extra money is just a National Objective.

This is correct. I do prefer to play global over just one side. They did quite well on this one!

~MadPup~

• @Get:

Does the US receive 30 or 40 IPCs during its wartime economy and if Western United States is captured, does Japan gain 50 IPCs from the territory per turn? if not whats the purpose of the ‘50’ on the map.

my apologies if this has already been answered. I had no luck finding the thread

the 50 IPC label should be ignored… when AAP40 came out it was said that the US wartime economy boost was the income of WUS going from 10 to 50 IPC… then the rule was clarified to say that the economy boost was an NO, not actual territory income, so that Japan would not get the extra territory income for capturing the territory (since it’s now an NO).  Also, the extra IPCs are not subject to convoy damage.

Now with Alpha +2, US gets 30 IPC bonus instead of the 40 IPC, although it has not yet been officially decided whether or not the Alpha +2 NOs should apply (as is) to the half-games as well (other rules do, and setup too (perhaps with some minor modification e.g. ANZ units in egypt)).

Many things have changed, many times, from the OOB rules, not to mention there were many typos on the OOB materials to begin with.

• '10

The U.S. income in global is awsome. We have been playing for some time now with an adjusted income schedule for the U.S. They still get the same total IPCs but not as quickly. This slows them a little and represents the U.S. peacetime military budget for the first three rounds.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Stoney, I think yer misreading the NOs.

The copy I have in front of me says that America gets 10 IPC NO for controlling W. USA, C. USA and E. USA and being at war with Japan, Germany and Italy, not 30 IPC.

The OOB rules said 30, I believe, but the Alpha 2 rules only say 10, thank the creators!  America’s got PLENTY of money as it is without getting the equivalent of England entire income, from classic, as bonus income!

• @Cmdr:

Stoney, I think yer misreading the NOs.

The copy I have in front of me says that America gets 10 IPC NO for controlling W. USA, C. USA and E. USA and being at war with Japan, Germany and Italy, not 30 IPC.

The OOB rules said 30, I believe, but the Alpha 2 rules only say 10, thank the creators!  America’s got PLENTY of money as it is without getting the equivalent of England entire income, from classic, as bonus income!

I’ll admit I don’t have the NOs in front of me (I’m in Doha atm!), but I’m pretty was what I said was accurate… as is what you said about the 10 IPC NO.  The US has 30 IPCs of NOs applicable when at war, but I did not mean to imply that it is still 1 whole NO: it is now divided into separate NOs, including the 10 IPC one you mentioned.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m