• If my carrier is sunk and it has 2 fighters on it do the fighters get a chance to defend or do they have to find a place to retreat to.

• @sourmash:

If my carrier is sunk and it has 2 fighters on it do the fighters get a chance to defend or do they have to find a place to retreat to.

That depends on the situation:
    If only enemy submarines are attack and your carrier was hit by one of them during a surprise attack (where there’s no friendly destroyers present - your fighters can’t hit submarines without them), then your fighters can move 1 space to land on an adjacent friendly space (territory, island or carrier).
    If there are enemy subs and you have a friendly destroyer then your fighters will always fire back.
    If there are other enemy naval units present other than subs (destroyers, battleships, etc.) then your fighters will always fire back.
    Finally, if the enemy units retreat and your fighters are still alive they also have the 1 move to a friendly location after all combats are resolved.

• If it wasn’t a sneak attack and they get to fire back do they still move 1 space or do they get to move there normal 4 spaces to find a safe place to land.

• @sourmash:

If it wasn’t a sneak attack and they get to fire back do they still move 1 space or do they get to move there normal 4 spaces to find a safe place to land.

only 1 space… any time a carrier is destroyed in a DEFENSIVE battle… the fighters that were on it (if they survived) get 1 space to land

• Official Q&A

The fighters will continue to defend in the air until either they are destroyed or the battle ends.  The battle may end because the attacker wins, the defender wins, both sides are wiped out, or the only remaining units can’t hit each other (only attacking subs and defending fighters remain, for example).  If the battle ends and one or more stranded defending fighters still survive, the survivors will be able to move one space to find a safe landing spot.  If one cannot be found, the fighters are lost.

• If my carrier is holding one of my fighters and one ally unit does this one move rule apply to the other allies fighter as well?

• @Manitobajay:

If my carrier is holding one of my fighters and one ally unit does this one move rule apply to the other allies fighter as well?

Yes.

Any defending fighter that loses its carrier (even if an ally’s) gets 1 movement to land safely.  It does not matter that there are multi-national fighters on the same carrier.  But if some but not all of them can land safely and 2 or more players are controlling the defending fighters, then you will have to agree on which ones are lost and which are saved!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m