• I hope you will give me your opinion. Although Im playing AARe game, I cant find any players who would help me with this dillema. So Im asking you because I think this applyes on AARevised, AA50, AA1942 and AARenhanced.

So here it goes:

For the sake of argument we will call one sea zone, SEA ZONE X - This SEAZONE X is adjenct/conected with mulitiple teritories, 5 to be exact.

In this SEA ZONE X there are only ALLIE UNITS present.

1 Russian FTR
    1 US TRANSPORTER
    1 US AC
    On US TRANSPORTER there are 2 UK LAND UNITS.

Now its Germanys turn. Germany has one LAND teritory which has an IC and this teritory is conected to SEAZONE X! If Germany builds one sub in this SEA ZONE what will happen? As soon as Germany builds one sub in that SEA ZONE this SEA ZONE will becom HOSTILE for Allies!

My question is:

Can UK player land with his LAND UNITS which are on US TRANSPORTER without “killing” Germanys sub, or does he needs to clear that SEA ZONE first?

Im only asking for UK, because I know what must happen on US turn…

I will put a picture so you know what am I talking about:

• Official Q&A

A transport may not offload in a hostile sea zone.  In AAR (and presumably AARe), unless UK has one or more units capable of clearing the sea zone, the amphibious assault cannot be done.  However, in AA42 or AA50 an enemy sub (or transport) would not make the sea zone hostile, so it would not stop the assault.  Germany would need to mobilize a surface warship to stop the assault in AA42 or AA50.

• OK tnx. Thats what I thought. Not quite sure, my “enemy” will be happy when he hears that… :-D

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Happy or not, them’s the rules and I’ve been nailed with that exact scenario multiple times in just about every version of the game. (Looking forward to having multiple zones in the Baltic / North seas in the new edition!  No more locking German trannies!)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

So what if Germany spends the extra $2 and builds a destroyer?  I guess the russian fighter can choose to fight it or leave.  Failing that, then the U.K. can’t unload.

• Official Q&A

Yes, the Soviet fighter must either fight or flee.  However, if it chooses to fight, it may fight one round then retreat to the carrier, assuming neither party hits.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Yes, the Soviet fighter must either fight or flee.  However, if it chooses to fight, it may fight one round then retreat to the carrier, assuming neither party hits.

LOL Really?

Now that’s interesting…

• So can the fighter go fighting in another zone (like supporting grounds units) and then come back to the carrier ?

• Official Q&A

Yes.

• @Krieghund:

we are talking about 1940 rules?

• Official Q&A

No, but it applies to them as well.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m