• '10

@Cow:

There are different schools of how to play Japan.

I go with an india first strat and it just so happens china is along the way. some people like AZNAC. Others are money focused. Sometimes I kill russians for fun because taking their land on my side of the board adds up to +5 a round at least.

Just depends. I don’t know how I win games with Japan. Everytime I play allies winning is so easy.

The money islands of the DEI are along the way also and Japan must take them to maintain their income level. If the axis do not play a perfect game the allied income will overwhelm them.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I think I disagree that Japan MUST take DEI.  They are along the way, but there is no reason Japan cannot go directly to NSW and pound ANZAC hard without taking DEI first.  You can always hit DEI from Philippines and NSW after you dismember ANZAC. (I of course assume you hit Philippines from Japan the same round you crush Australia because it has a Naval Base for you to stage from and because America’s in the war then anyway.)

• I agree with you that there are other considerations besides the money islands. If Japan is not being aggressively built against, they can get the money islands when they are done with their primary goal.

Personally, I think Japan has two choices, like Germany does. Japan can focus on India first or Australia first, while Germany chooses London first or Moscow first. It may be that one way proves easier than another. However, I hope that there is more then one way to win. This would keep the game exciting.

I think the money islands help an Asia campaign since you have to build resources for the grind. If America is not challenging your navy, then you won’t need as much money to mop up islands for the win. It all depends on how America builds. If Japan gets all the attention, I’m ok winning with the Germans.

Its just naturally easier for Japan as they need 2 fewer victory cities then Germany and Italy does.

• '10

@Cmdr:

I think I disagree that Japan MUST take DEI.  They are along the way, but there is no reason Japan cannot go directly to NSW and pound ANZAC hard without taking DEI first.  You can always hit DEI from Philippines and NSW after you dismember ANZAC. (I of course assume you hit Philippines from Japan the same round you crush Australia because it has a Naval Base for you to stage from and because America’s in the war then anyway.)

I consider the money islands very important for Japan because the U.S. will be coming. If the U.S. does not challenge Japan then they will run wild in the Pacific and aquire an income even larger than the U.S.

I believe I have two mindsets.

1)  If you know your opponent, and know he likes to have America fight against Germany, then go East!

2)  If you dont know your opponent, or know he will come after Japan, sack Australia (it has no ability to build against you.)

Then there is my thought on the matter:  Sack America, make it so they cannot wage war against you in the Pacific, have Germany sack their other side so they have nothing in the Atlantic (shouldnt be hard, they only have a destroyer) and then use your fleet to stop them from building a fleet and hammer Australia.

• '10

When we concluded this game today the allies surrendered after six rounds. The U.S. did not threaten Japan and you can see the results in this photo. Japan’s total income at the end was 71 IPCs.

IMAG0020.JPG

• your board is very shiny

• '10

@ghr2:

your board is very shiny

I  guess you are refering to my board. It is covered with a plexiglass sheet. Protects the game board and keeps it in place.

@Fishmoto37:

@ghr2:

your board is very shiny

I  guess you are refering to my board. It is covered with a plexiglass sheet. Protects the game board and keeps it in place.

Keeps coffee and beer stains off I guess, huh?

• '10

@Cmdr:

@Fishmoto37:

@ghr2:

your board is very shiny

Keeps coffee and beer stains off I guess, huh?

Only coffee!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m