Community Links for Global 1940 Related files

• Very helpful and adaptable. I also find some of the rules difficult to remember without reference to the rulebooks. These should help. Thanks :-)

• Here a differnet style of IPC/purchase charts for Alph+2.

Open in Word.

AAG40IPCChart1Alpha+2.doc
    AAG40IPCChart2Alpha+2.doc

• This is great!  :-)

Thanks!

• Please post your public files that contain Global 1940 related items here.

Make sure you post the maker of the files so they can be contacted if needed.

Mediafire is a decent free service to upload your files, but feel free to use any you like.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANYTHING EXCEPT THE FILE AND WHAT IT IS FOR.

• Customizer

This PDF file can be printed and glued to 3X5 index cards they contain set up, National Objectives, Unit costs, and Diplomacy. They are a low ink solution.

AAG40 Alpha+.2 setup, NO’s, Diplomacy.pdf

• From MarKalkin:

http://www.easy-share.com/1914534447/Axis VS Allies Global Game X.xlsx

Please find attached a link to my simple yet detailed excel sheet which keeps track of your IPCs from round to round.

There is a war room on sheet 16 which can be entered any time to see the war trends over the game.

Please select the free download option down the bottom (they try to get you to pay).

• From Zwolf87:

set up cards for Global 40

mediafire.com/?dywdezbmup2wmg9

• Thanks, looks very nice indeed

• I created a Macro-enabled worksheet to help with the banking in AA Global, Alpha +2. It keeps track of income, bonus and banks for each of the 9 countries (with separate banks for UK), and has a handy purchase calculator for tracking your buys. I’ve recently added an archive sheet, so you have a visual representation of the economies.

Installation:

You’ll need Excel 2007 (maybe 2003 will work, I’m not sure) to use this spreadsheet – make sure to enable macros.

1. Download the spreadsheet.
    2. Rename the extension from .xls to .xlsm (I had to change it to upload it to this forum).
    3. Open the renamed spreadsheet.

AAG40_Bank_Alpha2.xls
    Instructions.doc

• which rules are these?

• These are alpha 2 rules.  I’ll post my alpha 3 charts soon….

• Australia Sheepskin Ugg Boots on sale,you can buy cheap ugg boots,ugg boots 5815,discount ugg boots 5825,ugg boots 5823,ugg boots for womens,Australia Sheepskin Ugg Boots,ugg winter boots,UGG Bailey Button,UGG Classic Short,UGG Classic Tall,Ugg Classic Cardy.

• This post is deleted!
  • Customizer

Here are an assortment of game aids that I created for my game.  They include setup cards for Global and Pacific (the original setups), a political situation reference for Global, and a few others.  They are all in print-quality PDF format.

EDIT:  I have just uploaded the charts with Alpha +3 rules and setups included.

http://www.vector1design.com/AxisAllies/

• Where can i find the setup for the neutral countries?

/Mike

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@bcguitars:

Here are an assortment of game aids that I created for my game.  They include setup cards for Global and Pacific (the original setups), a political situation reference for Global, and a few others.  They are all in print-quality PDF format.

EDIT:  I have just uploaded the charts with Alpha +3 rules and setups included.

http://www.vector1design.com/AxisAllies/

These are the best set ups IMO.  But Bcguitars seems AWOL.  Anyone else able to update them?

• They’re alpha+3, what updates need to be made to them to reflect 2nd Edition?

• Ok, here is a beta Global 40 iWork Numbers spreadsheet for tracking IPCs. It works on Mac OS X, iOS, and PCs via iCloud in a browser. It is NOT Microsoft Excel compatible (and don’t ask me to make an Excel version, I don’t have time).

My group uses a projector to put the spreadsheet on the wall so everyone can see it. It also looks good on a 60 inch TV at 125% (with the Formatting pane hidden), but it does require vertical scrolling (sorry, but there’s just too many territories to fit all of them on a 1920x1080 screen).

EVERY territory has a popup menu. Just select who owns the territory, and the IPC income table will update accordingly. When someone declares their combat moves, mark the territories as Contested, and then update them after the battles have been fought. Contested territories are highlighted in red, so marking them before battle will help you keep track of which territories need to be updated after battle. (NOTE: Marking a territory as Contested removes its IPCs from the country that owns it. The IPC totals will be accurate after combat is concluded and the territory is assigned its rightful owner.) There’s also a National Objectives table that is mostly automatic, but it does have some checkboxes for certain situations. And, if strict neutrals become pro-whoever, there are popup menus to set them accordingly (which should be done because it affects a NO for Germany).

The spreadsheet is editable via iCloud in a browser, but there are limitations. You can perform minor edits to equations, but you’ll need Numbers on a Mac to edit equations with references to other tables. Also, there is a hidden table that deals with victory cities. If you accidentally select it and edit a cell, you’ll screw up the Victory Cities table (the one with the totals).

So, have a look and let me know what’s broken. The spreadsheet is based on one I did for Spring 1942 (which was play tested many times), but I haven’t had a chance to use this version in a game yet. Everything looks good to me in my limited testing, but the logic for the National Objectives is somewhat complicated, so pay close attention.

Edit: Attached a pict of a Spring 1942 game where we used a similar spreadsheet.

Edit (8/13/2015): Removed the spreadsheet for and added an updated version to a new post.

Spring 1942 with Spreadsheet on Wall.jpg

• Here’s another tool that some people might find useful (especially for new players or players trying to keep track of a large, diverse purchase).

It’s my Unit Purchase Tool. It’s simply a web form that lets you enter your income and industrial capacity (optional), and then select units. The total IPCs remaining is shown at the top.

I use it on iOS, and I’ve tested it on a PC with Chrome and on a Surface tablet. They all seem to work fine.

On iOS, it’s best if you can put the file on a web server, open it, and save it to your home page (it’s just one self-contained file and doesn’t need access to the internet once it’s on the iOS home screen). The file will open in Mail, but it won’t work. Another option is to upload it to Dropbox. It will open in iOS and work from there (you just can’t save it to your home page and it has some weird usability behavior; it works, but it’s kinda weird). As much as it pains me to say it, accessing the file is easier on the Surface.

Anyway, have a look and let me know what you think.

Edit: I added a manifest file so that once it’s on your iOS home screen, you can remove it from your server. The form will work whether or not you’re connected to the internet.

Edit 2: Updated the form to v4. The only change is the addition of the Industrial Complex Upgrade.

Axis and Allies G40 Purchase Tool v4.zip

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m