Let’s consider a new Axis strategy of Neutral invasion, for monetary and strategic gain.
***** BASIC NOTES before a final strategy is revealed *****
GOALS AND BENEFITS of invading neutral countries.
1. There are IPC’s to be had.
2. The Axis has BEST access to Neutrals first, without oppurtunities by the allies to capture them
3. Neutral Restrictions prevent countries like Russia or the US from activating neutrals early.
4. There are strategic gains from having territories available - LIKE Turkey - a straight drive into the middle east for OIL.
5. Neutrals can be invaded during the Lull turns - rounds 2 - rounds 4, when there is OVERWHELMING support to take these territories, and lots of axis equipment rusting away.
6. It DOESN’T REALLY MATTER if you activate enemy neutrals, infantry are no good on attack, and usually neutrals only get activated by likely 1 or 2 units, chances say, you are going to stomp those stacks anyways.
7. Medium stacks are the BEST way to lose LOTS of units on defense. Medium stacks should not put fear into your plans.
Let’s make some more base assumptions.
1. Lets assume G1 you build transports, feign sea lion, and do the typical navy wipe.
2. Lets assume You are going for an economic strategy, mediteranean/middleeastern control strategy - to beat the allies.
3. Switzerland is worth nothing, so there is no reason to invade it.
Consider this, on G2
Neutrals the axis can get access to first. And likely what turn.
With a 3 transport build, and mechanized components, on G2 you can likely invade - with air support
You could send a contingent to South America, and hit Brazil / and or Argentina etc from Sz85,
With a potential factory build down there - Argentina, (LOL I know right) against a “less” experienced America, you are going to see a LARGE concerted American Effort, going in completely the WRONG direction. So you draw them down there, and if they don’t go, you are raking in extra IPC’s.
Africa is a moot point in the game now…
More thoughts later gtg…
Neutrals that the allies will likely get for free.
Afghanistan + 4 inf
Mongolia - depending on state of war between Russia and Japan - + 6 inf
Angola + 1 ipc + 2 inf
Mozambique +1 IPC + 2 inf.