Does anyone have a list of the Victory cities for the game?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Does anyone have a list of the Victory cities for the game?

Looking for a list of the ones in Europe.  And the ones in the Pacific.

And what are the victory conditions for the axis again?  8 and 6 respectively right?

• Europe board:
    Ottawa
    Washington (capital USA)
    London (capital UK Europe)
    Paris (capital France)
    Berlin (capital Germany)
    Rome (capital Italy)
    Cairo
    Warsaw
    Leningrad
    Moscow (capital Russia)
    Stalingrad

Pacific board:
    Calcutta (capital UK Pacific)
    Shanghai
    Hong Kong
    Manila
    Sydney (capital ANZAC)
    Tokyo (capital Japan)
    Honolulu
    San Francisco

Victory conditions for Axis
    8 of 11 on Europe board
    6 of 8 on Pacific board

Thanks 13th.

Damn, South Africa should have been a victory city instead of Ottawa.  Larry…

• '10

I actually wonder about that very decision.  I don’t see why Ottawa would be a victory city unless the game was designed with a strategy for taking it in mind.

Has anybody taken Ottawa?  Used it to win a game?  EVER?

• I think it is for game design reasons. Now you are forced to either attack North America or capture at least 2 out of three Russian VC’s (all 3 if you fail to take London).

You used to be able to use it for a a blitz win in one of the alpha variations.

Listed cities below taken by G3, using heavy navy and air builds, done BEFORE the U.S. is in the war. You used to be able to eek out a win. This worked out quite well, but that was before the rule regarding invasion of Ottawa or London bringing U.S. into the war,  and it is dependant on the Russians putting their stacks Directly on the Germans eastern front - expecting sea lion, but not an attack into novogord aswell.

Berlin
    Rome
    Warsaw
    Paris
    London
    Ottawa
    Cairo
    Novogord

But no more…  South Africa as a victory territory would really add some depth for both Japan and Italy to help out in the grand scheme.

• @eudemonist:

I actually wonder about that very decision.  I don’t see why Ottawa would be a victory city unless the game was designed with a strategy for taking it in mind.

Has anybody taken Ottawa?  Used it to win a game?  EVER?

It means you can win the Game without having to capture any Russian Cities.

P.S. Canada produced over 500,000 armoured fighting vehicles during WW2.

P.S. Canada’s Number 1 manufactured export TODAY is small arms and ammunition.

It’s not the states or the U.K. can buy that sht in China…

• '10

@Daedelus:

It means you can win the Game without having to capture any Russian Cities.

Well, yeah, theoretically.  Just seems like, particularly with new rules bringing in the U.S. if Axis is in Canadia, that’s not a very realistic proposition.  South Africa seems like it would make for more viable strategery options.

I mean, I haven’t ever put a lot of thought into an Ottawa strategy, mostly because, just looking at it, it seems pretty well doomed to fail.  Might as well try to grab New York.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m