• @taamvan:

The best players of chess play it like poker;  your opponents know your preferences and predilections and it is your job to lure them into the trap of assuming you will act in the same was as before, or the same way the last grandmaster did, or the same way they would.

One of the best anecdotes I’ve ever heard about psyching-out an opponent at chess is the story of a tournament (I forget which grandmasters it involved) for which Player X had, among other things, carefully prepared for the possibility (indeed, the probability) that Player Y was going to use Opening Z, which Player Y was known to be fond of.  In game after game during the tournament, Player Y – contrary to expectations – kept using openings other than Opening Z.  Player X eventually became so frustrated that he ended up using Opening Z himself.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Man I hear, you,  I do this all the time.  Maphead and I are working on 42.2, and I keep using his strategies gambits and openers against him (like opposing forces training).

When he does a certain move? magic.

When I do it, first turn failure and reset.

(@#$*@!!!

• @GeneralHandGrenade:

Once Calcutta gets bombed don’t pay down the damage until you save up enough money to pay down and purchase units. Japan will just keep bombing if you keep paying down the damage. Make sure you spend all of the money before they attack Calcutta though, you don’t want to hand them all that money.

This I learned to late, but it applies at all bombed ICs.

• 2007 AAR League

Use dice simulators or die.

• @akreider2
    roll 1’s not sixes :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m