Alpha+1 game Finished after six rounds. 01/10/11

• '10

We used the latest Alpha+1 that I could find. Also used the proposed changes that were in blue for the setup. Axis surrendered after six rounds as it looked hopeless for them. Europe and N. Africa situation in photo.
    IMAG0014.JPG

• Love the factories and what are the navy blue units? What is the light grey thing in Yugo, Why are some CV’s grey and finnaly what did Germany do to end up like this

• '10

@The:

Love the factories and what are the navy blue units? What is the light grey thing in Yugo, Why are some CV’s grey and finnaly what did Germany do to end up like this

The navy blue units are pro-axis infantry. The grey thing is a minor IC. My friend who played the axis pulled the grey carrier out of the German units plastic tackle box that I use for organizers. I guess he did not want to take the time to find a black one. Germany started poorly because it took two rounds to take Paris. He did not use any planes in the first attack on France. He never started Barbarossa until turn four.  I think that was a big mistake as the U.S.S.R. can get to be a power quickly.

• '10

You have a minor IC in Yugoslavia.  I thought you could only build on a territory worth 3 IPCs?  Am I incorrect or is this part of Alpha?

• @FieldMarshalGames:

You have a minor IC in Yugoslavia.  I thought you could only build on a territory worth 3 IPCs?  Am I incorrect or is this part of Alpha?

You can build minors on territory worth 2 ipcs or more. You can build majors on ones worth 3 ipcs or more

• '10

Thanks

• '10

@FieldMarshalGames:

Wow you had me going there for just a second. I thought maybe I had made another mistake. As I recall it was in June 1956 that I last made a mistake.

• '10

I was the one that made the mistake.  So many rule changes/updates/exceptions my head is spinning!

• How was Russia able to advance that far? It shouldn’t be possible without direct America help. The moment that Russia moves beyond poland in Global you can call the game right there.

• '10

@RedHunter:

How was Russia able to advance that far? It shouldn’t be possible without direct America help. The moment that Russia moves beyond poland in Global you can call the game right there.

I dont think that I fully understand your question about Russia. They have only moved into Finland. The axis did surrender after six rounds however.

IMAG0021.JPG

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m