• What do you guys do to defend Europe from invasion? In my limited play, I’ve experimented with maxing out the minor IC in France every turn (2 inf + art , 3 inf?) for 9-10 ipcs. This gives the opportunity to counterattack into Normandy or Belgium without getting smashed by Allied carrier air or shore bombardments. If you counterattack and destroy the land forces, then the Allies are stuck with just an invasion fleet. I think this could work well with similar, heavier builds in West Germany, which actually has to be able to resist direct invasion. These units can also counter an Allied landing in Belgium or Denmark.

Anyway, what have you guys seen in the defense of Europe?

• I have played a few times, but I have managed to take over UK on turn 2 of Germany. I built 2 transports on round one and I had enough plans and land invasion force to take out UK. That changes the game try that and you will see that the Allies will try to liberate UK, at that point you should be starting to push into USSR by Germany round 3 and since UK is a major factory dump a few man and fighters great defense, , I hope that helps.

I’m trying to find a way to avoid losing UK after round 2 of Germany.

• '10

Building up units in France is the best idea.  You can counter-attack to many key zones from Paris ie: Northern Italy, Southern France, Normandy, Belgium, Western Germany.

Leaving to many units on the coast just exposes them to Bombardment etc.

France is the best place to house your force and prepare to counter an Allied move in the west.

• and with mech-infantry it is quite comfortable even from germany. therefrom you can help out even in southern italy, if there is no allied obstacle in the way. ;)
    this way you can cover mostly the whole of continental europe (except russian territories).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m