• Well, Weeds is coming into it’s final season (7)…. Entourage is coming to an end… The Office is coming to an end… I’m trying to think of some other good shows to invest my time in… I need to get back into Dexter, kinda trailed off and lost interest but it’s a good show… Fringe is awesome, I’m watching season 3 right now… Boondocks I’m finishing up season 3… Southpark has tanked in my opinion and I’ve almost lost interest in it…

Can anyone think of any other good ones?

• I really like “White Collar” which is coming back soon.

I’m also excited that “V” is back. Watched the game last night but will be checking out “V” first chance tonight. I don’t know that it is everyone’s cup of tea but Morena Baccarin as Anna is wonderful. Soooooo pretty and sweet but sooooo evil.

Also “Archer” an animated series is back soon. It is vulgar and crass with lots of ‘adult’ humor. Stuff they couldn’t get away with saying if it wasn’t animated.

• Combat! looks like a great show. I hope they can go back to black and white because the color lost that gritty feel.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

V got cancelled :(

As for T.V. Stop watching it, it’s a total waste of time.

Movies perhaps - if you are trying to get laid, or want to spend some time with fam/friends.  But T.V. especially when you could be out doing something, is for communists and fairies.

It’s poison for your body and mind!  Studies prove that your body expends MORE energy sleeping, than it does watching T.V. infact… they can’t find anything that requires as little body energy as watching T.V. does save for being completely brain dead.

Fight back brothers!  Watch Videodrome! And never watch again!

• Big Bang Theory and Shit my Father Says are both very funny  :-)

• Not to go all Garg on this thread, but I really do think TV is a pile of crap.  My parents got satellite this summer, so I’ll pop in and check it out.  But there is jack squat on.  Maybe there’s something I’d like to see but have no idea about it, what channel it’s on, and what time it shows, but there is so much junk that people watch.  Why?  I mean, free country, but I feel like the nonsense parents used to say about the tv rotting your brain is true.  People sit through the most vile crap.  Do they like it?  I flip through the channels and think how much of a waste of time it is.

I don’t want to hate tv, but really…the shows suck.

Honestly, see your TV, get a Nook/Kindle/iPad and download all the free books you can from Gutenburg Press and entertain yourself forever.  They should be handing that stuff out like there’s no tomorrow, and everyone would be better off for it.

• Best new shows:

All Worked Up ( Tru TV Best is the lizard Lick segments with Bobby Brantley and the repo guys)
    Nick Swardsons: Pretend Time
    Kitchen Nightmares ( new season coming late January)
    Hardcore Pawn
    Ramsey’s Best Restaurant
    Judge Judy

• Hardcore Pawn may be the worst show ever!  :x It makes everyone from the Detroit area look so stupid!

• I know. Thats why i watch the show.

The people who go in that store are almost self parody’s of what I’ve heard about Detroit.

And the brother and sister are always getting into fights.

I also like Party at the Hard Rock Cafe, but that wont be back till summer.

• '10

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Community
    Modern Family
    Kitchen Nightmares
    Big Bang Theory

• We watch Dexter, Big Band Theory and How I Met Your Mother.

We keep Showtime just for Dexter. Showtime has awesome shows, but poor movie selections.

• @Gargantua:

V got cancelled :(

When? Source? There was a brand new episode broadcast on Tuesday (1-04-2011.) There is another scheduled for next Tuesday isn’t there?

I can’t believe I left off “Human Target” which is a fun action series. It’s no “Burn Notice” despite a bigger budget but fun stories where the good guys win.

• I’ve heard good things about Big Bang Theory… You guys supported it so I got season 1, I like it. Sheldons character is awesome. Getting season two soon… Thanks for the advice  :-D

This should keep me busy when I don’t have anything better to do!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Go back and watch Battlestar Galactica and X-files seasons 1 -6 (7, 8,9, = Barf)

• @Gargantua:

Go back and watch Battlestar Galactica and X-files seasons 1 -6 (7, 8,9, = Barf)

I’m hoping you mean the most recent version of BSG. That is good stuff especially the mini and first season.

• '10

I enjoyed the Walking Dead.  The series was much better than any of the movies.

• I liked it too, but the story went way too slow. its like they dragged out the action due to low budget. The whole series was like 6 episodes and to get to Atlanta could have been done by episode 2.

I hope they go with another season but with more episodes.

• @Imperious:

I liked it too, but the story went way too slow. its like they dragged out the action due to low budget. The whole series was like 6 episodes and to get to Atlanta could have been done by episode 2.

That show is good, I’m not a huge horror/zombie fan but I like that series. AMC announced there will be a season 2 with 13 episodes this time. All the original cast is on board for multiple seasons. Something to look forward to  :-D

• @Imperious:

I liked it too, but the story went way too slow. its like they dragged out the action due to low budget. The whole series was like 6 episodes and to get to Atlanta could have been done by episode 2.

I agree with you, I have friends that love the show. It’s slow for my taste. A decade of zombie and vampire productions have exhausted the subjects.

• Not all of the series on my list is showing now, some canceled, some are finished, but you can download them or buy them on DVDs: The Sopranos, The Wire, Rome, Breaking Bad, Lost, Burn Notice, Jericho, the Tudors, Spartacus Blood and Sand, Dexter (last season not so good), Deadwood, V, Firefly, The Shield, Spooks, Generation kill, The Pacific, Band of Brothers, 24, Mad Men, Prison Break, The 4400, The Walking Dead, The West Wing, X Files, Il Capo Dei Capi.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m