• USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

• US, Canada, and Europe are the only named choices? How about Asia and Australia and Africa? Or Latin America?

• I clearly said “NAMED choices.” I disliked how the non-Western World(and some of the Western World) is so insignificant that they are marginalized into the “other” category

• @calvinhobbesliker:

I clearly said “NAMED choices.” I disliked how the non-Western World(and some of the Western World) is so insignificant that they are marginalized into the “other” category

2nded.

Also wantz post retitled to “where do u live, little boy”

Hawt.  :wink:

• Looks like the guy I responded to deleted his post or had it deleted

• To play devil’s advocate, I have to point out that (at this point) there are no votes for other. Based on this, and generally being on the site and noticing where people tend to be from, one could conclude that very very few people who live in those areas visit this site, and therefore it would be a waste of time to list them out. Or maybe it’s just typical American  self-centeredness and ignorance  :-D

• No one voted for Europe. Thus, Europe should be combined with other.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

No one voted for Europe. Thus, Europe should be combined with other.

As of yet. I imagine more people will vote for Europe than will vote for other in the end. I’m not saying I support the America ego in lumping the majority of the world into “other,” I’m just giving a possible explanation as to why it’s done in this particular case, other than being provincial and ignorant.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Many parts of the world SHOULD be marginalized.  I like that this poll fields appropriate representation for users of the site.

I would take offensive otherwise.

• Makes me want to post a poll.

Are you

White
    Other

Gargantua makes a good point that people probably shouldn’t be offended.  But lemme tell ya, when your woman asks you if her new dress makes her look fat, you might think she wouldn’t be offended if you said “Yes”.

But you know damn well she’s gonna be pissed if you say “woah lay off the carbs darlin.”

People are funny sometimes.  Not just women, either.

So in strategic planner’s case is it because he/she’s insensitive?  Or maybe he/she’s trying to raise cultural awareness?  Or perhaps he/she was aware of the probable demographic of a primarily English-speaking forum dedicated in large part to board games published by a company in the United States that markets that particular subset of games primarily to USA, Canada, and Europe, assume that other posters would understand such things without it having to be said, and thus that people would not be offended.

Sometimes, people are TOO smart for their own good.  When THEY are smart, they think OTHERS will be smart.  So they don’t explain things that they otherwise might.  And then people with different upbringings, cultural norms, or education get offended.

And then . . . you start to think.  Maybe others really are smart, and they’re trying to undermine you.  Because they want the power.  They don’t want you to be respected, they have to keep you down.  And maybe they’re really out to get you.  Yeah.  Because they know.  And you have to be careful.  Because they’re smart.  So you act dumb, so maybe you’ll disarm their suspicions.  They can’t watch everyone all the time.  Even if they put spy cameras in traffic lights.  Even if they put spy cameras in toilets.  They can’t be everywhere.  So you play dumb, and maybe you make up a cute dumb name for yourself, like “Bunnies P Wrath” or something silly like that.  But you sit, and you wait.  And you work on your mind control ray while working in your basement wearing your tinfoil hat.  Because the day is coming, my friends, it is coming.  And soon.  You will know the Wrath of Bunnies P.

If you’ve already read this far . . . it’s too late.  :evil:

All your base
    All your base
    All your base
    Are belong to us

All your base
    All your base
    All your base
    Are belong to us

You are on your way to destruction.

You have no chance to survive.
    Make your time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qItugh-fFgg

• '10

@Gargantua:

Many parts of the world SHOULD be marginalized.  I like that this poll fields appropriate representation for users of the site.

I would take offensive otherwise.

I took the offensive in my current game of Global 1940.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

No one voted for Europe. Thus, Europe should be combined with other.

NOT so fast  :-D

• @Bunnies:

Makes me want to post a poll.

Are you

White
    Other

Gargantua makes a good point that people probably shouldn’t be offended.  But lemme tell ya, when your woman asks you if her new dress makes her look fat, you might think she wouldn’t be offended if you said “Yes”.

But you know damn well she’s gonna be pissed if you say “woah lay off the carbs darlin.”

People are funny sometimes.  Not just women, either.

So in strategic planner’s case is it because he/she’s insensitive?  Or maybe he/she’s trying to raise cultural awareness?  Or perhaps he/she was aware of the probable demographic of a primarily English-speaking forum dedicated in large part to board games published by a company in the United States that markets that particular subset of games primarily to USA, Canada, and Europe, assume that other posters would understand such things without it having to be said, and thus that people would not be offended.

Sometimes, people are TOO smart for their own good.  When THEY are smart, they think OTHERS will be smart.  So they don’t explain things that they otherwise might.  And then people with different upbringings, cultural norms, or education get offended.

And then . . . you start to think.  Maybe others really are smart, and they’re trying to undermine you.  Because they want the power.  They don’t want you to be respected, they have to keep you down.  And maybe they’re really out to get you.  Yeah.  Because they know.  And you have to be careful.  Because they’re smart.  So you act dumb, so maybe you’ll disarm their suspicions.  They can’t watch everyone all the time.  Even if they put spy cameras in traffic lights.  Even if they put spy cameras in toilets.  They can’t be everywhere.  So you play dumb, and maybe you make up a cute dumb name for yourself, like “Bunnies P Wrath” or something silly like that.  But you sit, and you wait.  And you work on your mind control ray while working in your basement wearing your tinfoil hat.  Because the day is coming, my friends, it is coming.  And soon.  You will know the Wrath of Bunnies P.

If you’ve already read this far . . . it’s too late.   :evil:

All your base
    All your base
    All your base
    Are belong to us

All your base
    All your base
    All your base
    Are belong to us

You are on your way to destruction.

You have no chance to survive.
    Make your time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qItugh-fFgg

Great post. I’d give you +1 karma if I could.

• Yaaay, I was the first ‘other’…. Land of Kimchi and KimJongIl… On the good side of course.

• @McLovin1985:

Yaaay, I was the first ‘other’…. Land of Kimchi and KimJongIl… On the good side of course.

Gosu.

I make a mean bulgogi myself.

• @Bunnies:

@McLovin1985:

Yaaay, I was the first ‘other’…. Land of Kimchi and KimJongIl… On the good side of course.

Gosu.

I make a mean bulgogi myself.

Soju and galbi aren’t a bad combo. Jaeyukdukbab is good too. I’d still rather have a T-bone and baked potato though  :-D

• Bunnies, congratulations! You are the 10th person to tell me that I am too smart for my own good! I did edit it though, to provide more choices.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m