• Customizer

CWO & others,

@CWO:

@Tall:

And let’s not forget the Russian Rifle Infantry in Winter scheme that were just completed.

Very nice!  I note with amusement that you posted this on the last half-day of this year’s winter, so perhaps the next painted set we’ll see will be Germans equiped for a summer offensive (or splattered with Russian springtime mud).  :-)

––Our first German Infantry types will be the Paratroopers. I held off doing all of the German Minor Infantry(Romania, etc) because I heard that HBG will be introducing some new units for these in their up-coming Global Warfare 1939 Expansion Sets.
    ––The Expansion Sets will also include a “Winter War” set with Russian & Finnish Ski Infantry! That ought to be some interesting “eye candy”.
    ––The German & Japanese Paratroopers(+ others) will be added to the que following the present ‘batch’ of some Infrastucture and Aircraft units.
    ----Who’s got some more new painted unit pics for me to enjoy seeing?!

“Tall Paul”

• @Tall:

Who’s got some more new painted unit pics for me to enjoy seeing?!

Regretably, not me.  When it comes to A&A sculpts, I’m a purist for natural-colour naked plastic.  Which, ironically, is why I’m so impressed by people who not only have the eyesight and the hand control to paint such tiny sculpts in such exquisite detail but who also have the patience and motivation to do so for dozens upon dozens of identical units.

• These painted metal pieces all look so good. Can someone tell me where to buy the metal pieces?  There are so many oversized pieces and I want to only get the pieces that are axis and allies sized. It’s very confusing because no website tells how big the pieces actually are. Everything is a fraction and each piece uses a different scale. What are the correct ratio scales for each unit? I’d like to start with fighters bombers and aircraft carriers.

• @ColonelPotter:

What are the correct ratio scales for each unit?

See this thread for information on scale:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=32007.0

• Has anyone painted their early war Russians yet? I’d very much like to see some paint schemes for those.

• “painted playing pieces” are just that, decals are way out of scale, not the emblem the plastic of the decal itself is too nasty on minis this size. These paint jobs are amazing!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m