• TripleA

Hey guys, I’ve been looking at some peoples set ups and noticed that they have plastic AA guns and ICs.  I was wondering where I might get some of those, other than taking them out of my 1942 game.  It would be nice to have a set for Global.  Any links would be great.

Thanks.

• its cheaper to pick up and old game or just buy some off of Ebay

I use some AA guns and Factories from my 1984 game.  I like the white.

• '10

@94Canuck:

Hey guys, I’ve been looking at some peoples set ups and noticed that they have plastic AA guns and ICs.  I was wondering where I might get some of those, other than taking them out of my 1942 game.  It would be nice to have a set for Global.  Any links would be great.

Thanks.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          You should be able to find another 1942 game for about $20.00. That will give you a lot of extra pieces. Look on E-Bay.

• @jeffdestroyer:

its cheaper to pick up and old game or just buy some off of Ebay

You have a good point, just don’t forget to consider the weight that time and convenience has. The historicalboardgaming.com site is very convenient if you just want a few things, especially pieces from the new Europe and Pacific 1940 boards as those are minimum $60 per game. You can also buy sealed (unmolested) IPC’s, or brand new custom-made IPC’s on the site. I personally appreciate sealed items if the premium is reasonable, especially things you can’t really wash, like IPCs.

Before historicalboardgaming.com recently opened shop I spent $25 (shipping incl) on a whole set of factories and AA guns still on their plastic trees, along with 2 sets of sealed IPCs (from revised I believe). I then found a 1986 version of A&A 2nd opened but never played with for $20 on kijiji. I consider these to be very lucky buys which took lots of hunting, where historicalboardgaming.com has the items in stock now.

• @inverted:

@jeffdestroyer:

its cheaper to pick up and old game or just buy some off of Ebay

You have a good point, just don’t forget to consider the weight that time and convenience has. The historicalboardgaming.com site is very convenient if you just want a few things, especially pieces from the new Europe and Pacific 1940 boards as those are minimum $60 per game. You can also buy sealed (unmolested) IPC’s, or brand new custom-made IPC’s on the site. I personally appreciate sealed items if the premium is reasonable, especially things you can’t really wash, like IPCs.

Before historicalboardgaming.com recently opened shop I spent $25 (shipping incl) on a whole set of factories and AA guns still on their plastic trees, along with 2 sets of sealed IPCs (from revised I believe). I then found a 1986 version of A&A 2nd opened but never played with for $20 on kijiji. I consider these to be very lucky buys which took lots of hunting, where historicalboardgaming.com has the items in stock now.

Yikes, whoever owns that site had better give you a discount next time. Good advertising right there  :lol:

• I’m just a regular Joe who is happy someone identified a need and was willing to do the legwork =)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m