Purchasing components separately ¿what do I need?

• Cheers,
    I’m planning on ‘building’ both the AA40P and AA40E in order to have the chance of playing the Global version. But since I already have a lot of chips and units from both AA50 and AA Revised, I thought I could probably by the parts and components I’m missing separately and save a few bucks (I’ve noticed AA40 E and P are quite expensive).

So, I wonder if some of you could help me out making a shopping list of what I need

What I have:
    grey and red chips
    USSR, USA, UK, GER, Italy and China units from both AA50 and AAR
    Dice

What I think I need:

• Both Maps (obviously)

• All French and AZNAC armies

• Then I need the new units:

Tactical bombers and Mech Infantry for the normal 6 powers.
    Question here: how many tactical bombers and mech.inf. units do I need for each nation? (I already have a bunch of Stukas coming from AAR, so I guess I don’t need any new one for Germany).

• Naval&Air base tokens.

• Do you think I will need more grey&red chips? more units like tanks, fighters or whatever?

• Do I need more monopoly-money?

• Battle & Deployment charts: should I buy them or can I download and print them (where can I down load them?).

• Manuals (are pdf available?)

• Am I forgeting something  :?

thanks so much!  :-D

• Why not buy both games? They only cost $120 in total if you find the correct online site.

Alternatively, you can go to historicalboardgaming.com which sells individual pieces. I doubt, however, that you’ll be able to get the 2 maps without buying the games.

• Customizer

I regularly see sellers on ebay selling the boxes along with the maps and air base naval base/ IC sheets. Seem to sell for around $30 when bids are final. Historicalboardgames.com should be able to hook you up with the rest of the stuff you need.

• @Bob_A_Mickelson:

I regularly see sellers on ebay selling the boxes along with the maps and air base naval base/ IC sheets. Seem to sell for around $30 when bids are final. Historicalboardgames.com should be able to hook you up with the rest of the stuff you need.

Ebay is the way to go. I’ve also seen the same thing. Just search Axis and Allies Pacific 1940 / Europe 1940

• Step 1: Sell your AA50 for $300+ on eBay

Step 2: Buy Europe + Pacific 1940 $120 @ coolstuffinc.com

Step 3: Print the AA50 board by Imperious Leader on nice heavy vinyl (~$80+)

Step 4: Lol maniacally @ your own pure genius (well, mine).

• @inverted:

Step 1: Sell your AA50 for $300+ on eBay

Also a good suggestion.

• @inverted:

Step 1: Sell your AA50 for $300+ on eBay

Freaking priceless. You, sir, are my hero!
    good karma for you!

• '10

I’m looking to do the same thing as Bishop. I already got the boards, boxes, bases, etc, now I’m just looking to fill out the pieces. I have two sets of Spring 42 pieces and a set of Italian pieces, and an old set to use for China, so I need french and anzac pieces, and tac. bombers and mech. inf.

Nobody really answered the part in Bishop’s question about how many mech. inf. and tac. bombers each country needs. I was sort of wondering the same thing. Does the US and UK need 12 of each? Could they get by with using like 9 each, maybe even less? I’m not opposed to using chips so that’s not an issue.

Maybe the better question is are they really needed? I can see where mechs would help getting to the front line quicker with the added territories, but am I killing the game by not having tacs?

• Glad I could be of service Bishop =)

@Col.:

I’m looking to do the same thing as Bishop. I already got the boards, boxes, bases, etc, now I’m just looking to fill out the pieces. I have two sets of Spring 42 pieces and a set of Italian pieces, and an old set to use for China, so I need french and anzac pieces, and tac. bombers and mech. inf.

Nobody really answered the part in Bishop’s question about how many mech. inf. and tac. bombers each country needs. I was sort of wondering the same thing. Does the US and UK need 12 of each? Could they get by with using like 9 each, maybe even less? I’m not opposed to using chips so that’s not an issue.

Maybe the better question is are they really needed? I can see where mechs would help getting to the front line quicker with the added territories, but am I killing the game by not having tacs?

You need tacs for each country, and in my opinion more units is better than not enough. I’m not at home so I can’t count the pieces but I believe from counting before that there’s between 6-10 each of mech and tacs. It really sucks running out so buy on the higher side to be safe.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m