Alpha+1 game session Europe situation after seventeen rounds 01/03/11

• '10

Attached photo shows Europe situation at the end of round six. Operation Barbarossa has started. Large U.K. fleet camped in zone 110 to be a bridge to Normandy. Germans in Paris ready to counter any landing. Germans still control Danish straights. Italy controls Gibraltar straight and Malta. N. Africa is Italian. The Italians have just defeated the U.K. force in central Africa. U.K. has retreated to S. Africa. A small U.S. force is headed to Africa in the south Atlantic. German transport poised off Yugoslavia to get that bonus in Egypt and to render the Italians help if they need it.
    IMAG0014.JPG

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Where did you get your fascist roundels?  And factory pieces?

• '10

@Gargantua:

Where did you get your fascist roundels?  And factory pieces?

Those roundels are from IL. I printed those on cardstock and glued them to old ones from the 1984 game. The factory pieces came from THE WAR GAME and I painted them close to nation colors.

• What did the British do in the Med?

• '10

@Bodeacious:

What did the British do in the Med?

They pulled out of the Med. to save their carrier group. India purchased a carrier and added that and their BB to the U.K. group to make a rather imposing task force that you see in the photo. This force is now blocking the Japanese navy because if the Japanese attack the U.K. navy they will be out of position to protect the home islands if the U.S. moves in. By the way do not breath a word of this but I think the Japanese will divide their fleet in zone 35 and attack the U.K. fleet with air support from the mainland. Remember this is top secret info and we will call this operation SHO-1 and schedule it for round 7.

IMAG0007.JPG

• '10

@Fishmoto37:

Attached photo shows Europe situation at the end of round six. Operation Barbarossa has started. Large U.K. fleet camped in zone 110 to be a bridge to Normandy. Germans in Paris ready to counter any landing. Germans still control Danish straights. Italy controls Gibraltar straight and Malta. N. Africa is Italian. The Italians have just defeated the U.K. force in central Africa. U.K. has retreated to S. Africa. A small U.S. force is headed to Africa in the south Atlantic. German transport poised off Yugoslavia to get that bonus in Egypt and to render the Italians help if they need it.

After eleven rounds germany and Italy seem to have the upper hand. U.S building a fleet in the east. The Soviets seem a little out of position but the Germans lack infantry on the eastern front.    12/27/10

IMAG0012.JPG

• Woah! Italy has a giant fleet!

Where did all the British tanks come from? Is Japan so on the defensive that India can afford to build all tanks and send them west?

• '10

@calvinhobbesliker:

Woah! Italy has a giant fleet!

Where did all the British tanks come from? Is Japan so on the defensive that India can afford to build all tanks and send them west?

Yes Japan is in deep trouble. Italy has a large tank force blocking. Italy is using chips.

• '10

After three sessions and seventeen rounds this game was called a draw. Moscow was about to fall.

IMAG0016.JPG

• You guys didn’t want to try US/UK/ANZAC/China vs Italy and Germany? Were you too exhausted to continue the game(not necessarily this session)?

• '10

@calvinhobbesliker:

You guys didn’t want to try US/UK/ANZAC/China vs Italy and Germany? Were you too exhausted to continue the game(not necessarily this session)?

Yes we were kind of wore out on that game. I wanted to get started on a new game so that I could switch sides and play the allies. We used my new U.S. income schedule on the current game and I want to try it again with myself playing the allies this time.

IMAG0004.JPG

• Okay. Out of curiosity, what were the incomes of the remaining nations? I have a feeling that, with the fall of Moscow and Tokyo, the allied still have the economic advantage.

• '10

@calvinhobbesliker:

Okay. Out of curiosity, what were the incomes of the remaining nations? I have a feeling that, with the fall of Moscow and Tokyo, the allied still have the economic advantage.

OK, I am ready to hit the rack right now. I will try to post the incomes tomorrow.

• That is an absolutely crazy looking board.  It looks like there are over 1000 units on the board including the chips.  How many hours did the game last before calling it?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

TANKS TANKS TANKS!

Why so many TANKS?

• What are those blue blocks representing the French Navy?

• I think they are space-savers that represent the giant UK Fleets

• that’s a neat idea, i wonder where he got them…?

• I think they came from either the original Pacific or Guadalcanal

• Must be the original Pacific game, because I have Guadalcanal and it doesn’t have those pieces…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m