Which NFL team(s) do you root for?

• And when they beat the Lakers in LA, I guess they just beat another overrated team…

• @Imperious:

And when they beat the Lakers in LA, I guess they just beat another overrated team…

Come playoff time the Heat should roll through the East, except for Boston. A healthy Boston team would have the edge in a series, but when is Boston healthy late in the season? I will watch that series, and I’m a fairweather basketball fan.

Do you guys think Dallas is a real threat this year?

• I think their best team was before when they had both Nash and Dirk and others. San Antonio seems strongest, but in a series with lakers they will get worn down with the bigs because SA cant endure a physical series.

I hope its Boston and Heat in east finals and that Utah or New Orleans does not make it.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Do you guys really want to compare NFL talent with the CFL or Europe football? The best CFL team could not beat the worse NFL team.

Well I seem to remember the last olympics, where an almost 100% black, and certainly 100% all star team of NBA athlethes was put together, and called an “American Dream Team.” Only to get their ass beat back into the ghetto, by a bunch of hoodlums from Argentina, and other “talentless” countries as Americans would put it.

So yea, I would compare the calibre of the CFL or Europe to that of an NFL team, even if the NFL teams won 4 out of 5 games, it still comes down to 1 game, and all kinds of things can go wrong.  Hence, they should not be called the “World Champions.”

Also, the “world series”  The Toronto Blue Jays account for a second country being involved in the series, so that “could” stick as an international definition, that or they should include teams from China and Japan, to make baseball more interesting…

• @Gargantua:

Do you guys really want to compare NFL talent with the CFL or Europe football? The best CFL team could not beat the worse NFL team.

The best CFL team would do good to win 1 game out of 100 with a NFL team. The best CFL team could split a series with a college team like USC or Alabama.

Please don’t take that as disrespect, I enjoy watching CFL football, I love any football(except for that experiment gone wrong XFL).

The “dream team” vs the world has now become a showdown between awesome individual talent vs good solid teamwork and fundamentals.

Regardless,

Doesn’t make you a world champion, unless you challenge - and accept challenges from other people in other countries throughout the world.

Clearly not something the NFL is willing or interested in doing.

There is no question that they are good athletes, but they are NOT world champions for winning the superbowl.

• @Gargantua:

Regardless,

Doesn’t make you a world champion, unless you challenge - and accept challenges from other people in other countries throughout the world.

Clearly not something the NFL is willing or interested in doing.

There is no question that they are good athletes, but they are NOT world champions for winning the superbowl.

The rest of the world is in love with soccer basketball and baseball, not american football.

The NFL would love nothing more than to expand into other countries. I think it will happen, however it will not happen until L.A has a team. That will happen in the next three years.

• @Imperious:

And when they beat the Lakers in LA, I guess they just beat another overrated team…

I don’t think the Lakers are quite what they were last year, but it’s still fairly early.

I’m not saying the Heat are bad…they are definitely in the elite group of teams.  It’s just they are overrated (evidenced by all the coverage they get, no matter what, since “The Decision”).

@Gargantua:

Well I seem to remember the last olympics, where an almost 100% black, and certainly 100% all star team of NBA athlethes was put together, and called an “American Dream Team.” Only to get their a** beat back into the ghetto, by a bunch of hoodlums from Argentina, and other “talentless” countries as Americans would put it.

So yea, I would compare the calibre of the CFL or Europe to that of an NFL team, even if the NFL teams won 4 out of 5 games, it still comes down to 1 game, and all kinds of things can go wrong.  Hence, they should not be called the “World Champions.”

Also, the “world series”  The Toronto Blue Jays account for a second country being involved in the series, so that “could” stick as an international definition, that or they should include teams from China and Japan, to make baseball more interesting…

Not only are the Olympics and professional sports two separate things, the US has placed in the Top 3 every year it has played in the Olympics (usually 1st), and wasn’t even allowed to use pro players until just under 20 years ago while other countries were allowed to.  That was also not the last Olympics you remember, and considering the NBA is much more lucrative for an individual, many players won’t give up their salaries to win a token medal (i.e. US’s best aren’t really playing).  There are obviously great players from all over the world that come to the US leagues because their is money and fame involved, but that just speaks to the caliber of play in the country.

So on the same note, you could have some close games for sure, but I think there is a point to make concerning the amount of players migrating from the NFL to CFL, and lack thereof vice versa.

• It’s just they are overrated (evidenced by all the coverage they get, no matter what, since “The Decision”).

Its not their fault they get coverage and they are not overrated. They are performing just like they were supposed too based on their players. The stupid media made all sorts of bogus claims about them, not the team themselves. They are one of the elite 4 teams in the NBA ( Boston, San Antonio, Dallas, and Miami)

• '19 Moderator

It would be interesting to see how American teams would fare on a CFL field with CFL rules…

• Intersanchez :-D

• “Re: Which NFL team(s) do you root for?”

Which one haz teh hawt cheerleaderz . . .  :evil:

I know.  :roll:

:-D

• San Diego and Atlanta have the best looking cheerleaders.

• How many of you agreed with the Philadelphia game getting postpone because of snow? I lost a degree of respect for the NFL last week.

• There is no way i’m the only black and gold fan in this forum, Come on steeler nation stand up and be proud. With no offencive line to speak of and still gonna be the #2 seed.

Patriots, grew up in New England, watched them win the Super Bowl 3 times as a teen… Kind of in the blood.

GG

• @Guerrilla:

Patriots, grew up in New England, watched them win the Super Bowl 3 times as a teen… Kind of in the blood.

GG

:-D

Whats with the camera in the logo?

He’s referring to spygate, when Bill Belichick used staff to videotape opponent’s practice.

GG

• just so happened to be the year they beat the steelers in the afc championship game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m