• ok, so Japan attacks a sea zone with loaded carriers, and the carriers themselves are also in the battle. There is nowhere else to land the fighters, so the question is : can I tip the carrier first in the battle even though there is nowhere to land?

Similar question when being attacked: can the carrier be tipped first (even though there is nowhere to land)

• As far as i know it can tip. Will cost you the fighters, of course.

• Yes.  As long as the fighters have somewhere to land at the START of your attack, you can take out the carriers at any time during the battle even though it means your fighters will crash and be lost.

The same thing goes for defenders as well as attackers.

• don’t tip your carrier as he may just decide to retreat from battle, and your fighters will then have no place to land.  In certain circumstances it’s o.k. to tip your carrier; when you are at a port, the carrier will repair at the begining of your next turn and fighters always get 1 movement point to try and land, so if you are at port they land on the land territory that the port is on.

• If you oppenet selects the Cv as the OOL you always retreat and cost them the fighters it turns out better for you as you can then attack again especially if the Cv has one or two turns to take before it reaches a port

• @The:

If you oppenet selects the Cv as the OOL you always retreat and cost them the fighters it turns out better for you as you can then attack again especially if the Cv has one or two turns to take before it reaches a port

As the attacker yes, it’s great when your opponent takes the CV as a hit (and especially if they have nowhere to land the fighters).

As the defender, you don’t get the opportunity to retreat so if the attacker takes the CV as a hit, they still have more offense than they would if they lost a fighter (even if they end up losing all their fighters in the end, they have a greater chance of winning).

I guess it all depends on which side you’re on and how badly you want/need to win that naval battle.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m