• '18 '17 '16 '15 '13 '12 '11

Since I can’t post pictures yet, here is a link to a cell picture of my current game showing France and Italia and an empty Germany. France and Italia are not at war, this is turn # 9. Next time I take pictures with a cell, I will try to be more steady.

J.  8-)

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=a2fc35140f2b9573&sc=photos&id=A2FC35140F2B9573!103&sff=1#cid=A2FC35140F2B9573&id=A2FC35140F2B9573!104&sc=photos

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

Rules are being modified to fix problems with factions entering war with each other and moving the game along. Look fir them in a couple weeks.
    We appreciate all the feedback!

• Geez…A lot of people in the english channel. Fishing must be miraculous  :evil:

• '14

New revisions comming soon.

• '14

The revised global 39 rules will be posted at the beginning of this thread Friday morning. Thanks for everyones patience.

Thumb up  :-)

J.  8-)

• '14

Rules and setups arte posted at the beginning of this thread. Sorry for the delay!

@Tigerman77:

Rules and setups arte posted at the beginning of this thread. Sorry for the delay!

Thanks Tigerman77,

After a quick read ( nice to put the changes in red ), here are my remarks, observations and questions.

• On pg 10 of the rules, under Air units, STRATEGIC BOMBER should be labelled E not C. ( just to prove that I did read the whole thing  :-D )

• In the set up pgs, all of them, in the ORDER of PLAY box, shouldn’t FRANCE be with Russia & comm. China now ?

• On the ITALY set up, under SPECIAL RULES # 2, the words ’ only if at war ’ are now removed ?

• On the RUSSIA set up, under SPECIAL RULES # 2, don’t you have to rephrase it to match the new RUSSIA political situation with GERMANY ?

• A question/clarification ref JAPAN sneak attack about the new 35 IPCs spending instead of 10 inf and 2 transports. Clarify ’ place at the end of turn '. Do you mean to place those 35 IPCs under # 5 of the first impulse with the normal build or at the end of turn after the second impulse ?

• Noticed the 1 inf increase every 2 turns with pro Axis and pro Allied placed in their capital territories. Which mean the longer you wait to attack them, the stronger they will get, and on the other hand, the stroger they will be when you annex them… Am I wrong ?

• I saw that you fixed LENINGRAD.  :wink:

Guess that’s it for now. Thanks to keep it up and alive.

J.  8-)

• '14

@radar231:

@Tigerman77:

Thanks Tigerman77,

After a quick read ( nice to put the changes in red ), here are my remarks, observations and questions.

• On pg 10 of the rules, under Air units, STRATEGIC BOMBER should be labelled E not C. ( just to prove that I did read the whole thing  :-D )

• In the set up pgs, all of them, in the ORDER of PLAY box, shouldn’t FRANCE be with Russia & comm. China now ?

• On the ITALY set up, under SPECIAL RULES # 2, the words ’ only if at war ’ are now removed ?

• On the RUSSIA set up, under SPECIAL RULES # 2, don’t you have to rephrase it to match the new RUSSIA political situation with GERMANY ?

• A question/clarification ref JAPAN sneak attack about the new 35 IPCs spending instead of 10 inf and 2 transports. Clarify ’ place at the end of turn '. Do you mean to place those 35 IPCs under # 5 of the first impulse with the normal build or at the end of turn after the second impulse ?

• Noticed the 1 inf increase every 2 turns with pro Axis and pro Allied placed in their capital territories. Which mean the longer you wait to attack them, the stronger they will get, and on the other hand, the stroger they will be when you annex them… Am I wrong ?

• I saw that you fixed LENINGRAD.  :wink:

Guess that’s it for now. Thanks to keep it up and alive.

J.  8-)

Thamks. Its always good to have someone else read over these rules. I made all the necessary changes and clarifications.

@Tigerman77:

[Thamks. Its always good to have someone else read over these rules. I made all the necessary changes and clarifications.
    [/quote]

Great.  Will wait a few days to see if there will be other suggestions then print the whole thing again, that’s over 30 pgs including the setups. Cheers

J.  8-)

• are the current charts the ‘go to’ charts that everyone is using?  My map will be here soon, just getting ready for it ;)

• how many games have you guys played and how long did they take?

• heh, normally my wife and myself play a game over a few weeks / month whenever we can find time to do turns.  But this map is going to be that much bigger its going to be hard for us to find space to ‘leave it’ safely (with toddlers wanting to roll dice and play with the boats…)

I’m looking to stick it to a metal sheet and magnetize all the pieces and hang it on a wall in order for it to fit with our living space and needs.

hopefully the vinyl works out for this, will know soon!

• '14

We are playing this weekend and we are allowing 12 hours, 9am-9pm. 1 hour per turn is a good pace!!

• Got my map in the mail today, great fast service!

Just gotta figure out if I’m goin to get some wood or metal to sit it on… hmmm

@Tigerman77:

We are playing this weekend and we are allowing 12 hours, 9am-9pm. 1 hour per turn is a good pace!!

for the first turn or 2, after that you should get a complete game round plus most of another round in 1 hr.

• '14

TRUE…If you are playing with experienced people. I hope we can get in 12-14 turns in 10-12 hours. Thats my goal!!

try this to speed the game up.

Since your using an updated '39 map of my map, try letting the Japanese player start his turns, during Russias turn. since all of IJN’s naval power and Most of it’s Army power is out of reach for the ruskies, you should be able to start IJN’s turn “early” but you still would use the normal turn order. Just don’t let IJN roll any dice till RU is completly done with its moves.

thisd also works for Italy and USA, until USA can influence Italian moves, you can also start USA turn “early”. You can do this with most Countries. Start new country turns during the previous countries Non combat moves and Placement.  The map is rather large, so there is always space on the map to start country turns early without screwing with other countries abilities to act normally.

Not to mention after 2-3 rds of play, the board cleans up and everyones turn goes quicker, especially if players know what they r going to buy and do b4 their turn starts. the reason I think this game takes so long is the vast number of units to move around for all the countries. But once everything is basically in their respective stacks, things move forward nicely. Also you might consider not only using Fleet markers, but also Army Markers. These work really well and keep the board clutter free. Its alot easier to move 1 Army Marker then 20+ individual units and chips.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m