• I have couple questions as I get ready to play soon

1: How may people can you realistically play with so people dont have to double up? Can someone play and succeed at being Italy, China, France or Anzac

2. Do any troops go on French Indochina to start the game as part of the global rules or does France just kiss it goodbye?

3. With the U.S getting some many IPC’s (82) do they just dominate or does it balance itself out?

4. When it comes to blitzing with a tank and mechanized infantry can you do this… starting in country A, both move to B, then the tank to C and the mechanized infantry to D. or do they have to stay together?

5. In a neutral country we will say Italy attacks and someone put U.S troops their to represent that neutral country and Italy fails in the attack. Next turn U.K. moves in and takes it over do you just swap the U.S colored troops and make them U.K troops?

Thanks for your help

• @wilk7011:

I have couple questions as I get ready to play soon

1: How may people can you realistically play with so people dont have to double up? Can someone play and succeed at being Italy, China, France or Anzac

2. Do any troops go on French Indochina to start the game as part of the global rules or does France just kiss it goodbye?

3. With the U.S getting some many IPC’s (82) do they just dominate or does it balance itself out?

4. When it comes to blitzing with a tank and mechanized infantry can you do this… starting in country A, both move to B, then the tank to C and the mechanized infantry to D. or do they have to stay together?

5. In a neutral country we will say Italy attacks and someone put U.S troops their to represent that neutral country and Italy fails in the attack. Next turn U.K. moves in and takes it over do you just swap the U.S colored troops and make them U.K troops?

Thanks for your help

Much of this depends on whether you intend to play OOB (heavily favors allies) or Alpha+.1 (an experimental setup being playtested by the community that should hopefully fix some of the balance/procedural moves).

But in general:

1. Italy can be played seperately and maybe be considered “ok”.  Quite a few people very much enjoy the different play qualities involved with Italy (smaller regional focus - Med, then Africa, or Can opening for Germany).  France, Anzac or China will all be pretty anticlimatic for an individual player (until towards the end of game if Allies are winning).  As a general rule, A&A works best as a 2 or 5 player game, which gives the best breakdown of playtime.  It can be broken down in other ways, but one person usually ends up having far more playtime and at least one person ends up dispropotionally bored (or drinking).

Most common break down for 5 is probably:

Germany/Italy
    Russia
    Japan
    UK/Anzac
    France/China/US

6 would be:
    Germany
    Russia
    Japan
    UK/Anzac
    Italy
    France/China/US

7 could be:

Germany
    Russia
    Japan
    UK
    Italy
    France/China/Anzac
    US

After that the really minor powers get individuals and any of them can easily get REALLY dull (especially France).

1. Nope.  But if Japan attacks it immediately in the Alpha setup it loses a national objective right away.

2. OOB, the US can dump that all in Europe and pretty quickly (as far as an all day game goes) end the game.  Alpha encourages two theater play so the game doesn’t hinge on the entire industrial might of the US dumping on Italy or Germany.

3. Stick together.  All combined arms bonuses (movement or attack) require staying together the entire move or being paired in each phase or round of battle (tacs and fighters, tacs and tanks, artillery and either type of infantry).  But they’re always paired, one for one, no more, no less.

4. Yes.  You would swap the remaining infantry that survived the Italian assault with whatever friendly power took control.

• Customizer

I say that you could easily play a seven player game without anyone being too far out of the loop.

1 Germany
    2 Italy
    3 Japan

4 Russia
    5 UK
    6 USA
    7 ANZAC/China/France

However If you want to play seven players I suggest that you play the Larry Harris’ Alpha+.1 setup. Italy has more potential than the Out of the Box setup.

Alpha+.1 can be found here:
    http://harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4060

• @Bob_A_Mickelson:

I say that you could easily play a seven player game without anyone being too far out of the loop.

1 Germany
    2 Italy
    3 Japan

4 Russia
    5 UK
    6 USA
    7 ANZAC/China/France

However If you want to play seven players I suggest that you play the Larry Harris’ Alpha+.1 setup. Italy has more potential than the Out of the Box setup.

Alpha+.1 can be found here:
    http://harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4060

We did a 7 player game with one person as ANZAC, China and France … that person waited an hour+ each turn to make 30 seconds worth of moves (if they even had any moves to make!) and was utterly bored.  I would stick those 3 countries with their respective parent country (so to speak) and go no more than a 6 player game to be honest.

• Some more questions:

Do kamikaze attacks only happen on Japans turn or can Japan just announce Kamikaze as soon as someone moves into the correct sea zones?

Also does their have to be a plane next to that sea zone for a kamikaze to happen?

If you dont roll a 2 or under does that count as 1 of the 6 kamikaze attacks or must you hit for it to count?

• Kamis are used between the combat move and conduct combat phase of an ALLIED turn when the ally makes a combat move into a kami sea zone.

No, kami do not require you to sacrifice a plane.

You get 6 kamis; on average, only 1/3 of them will hit.

• I would like to play a game with at least 4 people but most of my friends that played Spring 1942 did not move on to Global.  They found it to be too time consuming and complicated.  I myself love the game and I am thinking of trying out playing a forum game at some point soon.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m