• I was browsing through ebay and noticed supply tokens from AA battle of the bulge on sale. I was very tempted to buy them but I have no idea how i would be able to implement them into my AAG40 games. What were the supply rules for battle of the bulge? and does anyone have ideas of how supplies can be used in AAG40. This would really add flavor into my games and make the game a little more realistic.

• I think the convoy system is sufficient for the scale of G40. Logistics are very difficult to model in a strategic global game.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

I think the convoy system is sufficient for the scale of G40. Logistics are very difficult to model in a strategic global game.

You bring up a very good point Calvin. Now that I think about its probably the reason why they only introduced logistics on the single battle games.

• In my rules supplement I’ve added this rule, and I am using the very same tokens for it.

IPC Lend-Lease
    IPCs can be converted to raw materials (represented by tokens from AA Battle of the Bulge). These tokens can be transported by transport, cargo plane, and/or mechanical infantry.  Transports and cargo planes can carry up to 10 IPCs and mechanical infantry can carry up to 5. The raw materials can be moved to a team player as either a loan or gift (based on verbal agreement). These raw materials are produced at industrial complexes. Production of 3 raw materials at an industry only counts against 1 production cap. (E.g. A major industry could produce 30 raw materials in one turn) No IPCs can be “pirated,” they are destroyed along with the units carrying them with the exception of those that are carried over land. Mechanical infantry transporting raw materials cannot attack, but defend normally.

That help?

• @Dijitz:

In my rules supplement I’ve added this rule, and I am using the very same tokens for it.

IPC Lend-Lease
    IPCs can be converted to raw materials (represented by tokens from AA Battle of the Bulge). These tokens can be transported by transport, cargo plane, and/or mechanical infantry.  Transports and cargo planes can carry up to 10 IPCs and mechanical infantry can carry up to 5. The raw materials can be moved to a team player as either a loan or gift (based on verbal agreement). These raw materials are produced at industrial complexes. Production of 3 raw materials at an industry only counts against 1 production cap. (E.g. A major industry could produce 30 raw materials in one turn) No IPCs can be “pirated,” they are destroyed along with the units carrying them with the exception of those that are carried over land. Mechanical infantry transporting raw materials cannot attack, but defend normally.

That help?

It does give me an idea to play around with, thanks!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m