• a friend of mine told me a friend of his had a computer version of Axis & Allies. I have not been able to locate a copy. Does a computer version exist? Where can it be found?

• yes a computer version does exist and i got mine from my uncle, but he got it from ebay.

• Yes, the CPU version does exist. I got it at a store called Electronics Botique, but i don’t know if they stiil carry it. :wink:

• I like to play it to test out strategy, but the AI sucks. however, you can give your enemy more units of any kind tomake it harder on yourself. 8)

• don’t even buy the game, it’s a cheapo piece of crap. It arbitrairly shuts off, magically deletes units, and on top of that, and even on the hardest AI setting you may be better off playing a sped. If you really want it though, download it from Kazaa or something.

• @Anonymous:

don’t even buy the game, it’s a cheapo piece of crap. It arbitrairly shuts off, magically deletes units, and on top of that, and even on the hardest AI setting you may be better off playing a sped

This is true for the regular version “Axis and Allies”…it goes for about 10-12 bucks at amazon. The original release was indeed bugged severely.

What you want to get, is the “Axis and Allies: Iron Blitz” version. It runs like butter, looks great, and allows you to customize the map/units, as well as giving you many scenarios. They range from starting in 1939, to one of the Allied powers powers being neutral (US or Russia), to Russia and occupied Germany as Axis and Japan as Allied…great stuff.

While the AI is not brilliant, it does move sensibly and makes few strategic blunders. Besides, if it is too easy, you give them more units to start. All-in-all, a great game.

The price reflects this. It auctions at Ebay for anywhere from 40 to an insane 160 bucks.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m