• No more Free French Navy?  :cry:

• The final version for G40 OOB module is now available (from some days ago). When Larry is decided with his changes (and restore the french fleet  :lol:), I’ll update

Exiled capital aborted … that suks  :x

And what’s that Marinaras mumbo-jumbo? Sounds like a RPG country or such! It’s called ‘Marianas’  :lol:

• @molinar13:

No more Free French Navy?  :cry:

I think that’s a typo

• Is waiting to have your messages approved standard on Larry’s board? It’s annoying to wait for them to show up, and I still have one pending from days ago.

If my post doesn’t show up, could someone ask about the 10 IPC NO for Amur? It seems Japan can bypass through Siberia easily enough, and Russia can enter China without triggering it either. I’m wondering if that’s intentional, and I guess why there is that particular restriction. Now that I think about it, shouldn’t it just be “before turn 4” instead of specifying Amur, and on turn 4, the NO condition is lifted?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@molinar13:

I think that’s a typo

It looks like the U.K. gets a few more boats in the Atlantic though.  Maybe this makes up for it.

• @Kobu:

Is waiting to have your messages approved standard on Larry’s board? It’s annoying to wait for them to show up, and I still have one pending from days ago.

If my post doesn’t show up, could someone ask about the 10 IPC NO for Amur? It seems Japan can bypass through Siberia easily enough, and Russia can enter China without triggering it either. I’m wondering if that’s intentional, and I guess why there is that particular restriction. Now that I think about it, shouldn’t it just be “before turn 4” instead of specifying Amur, and on turn 4, the NO condition is lifted?

No, it should show up immediately.

• @Daedelus:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@molinar13:

I think that’s a typo

It looks like the U.K. gets a few more boats in the Atlantic though.  Maybe this makes up for it.

No, in fact, the cruiser in Z110 is changed into a destroyer. There are no extra boats

• @Funcioneta:

The final version for G40 OOB module is now available (from some days ago). When Larry is decided with his changes (and restore the french fleet  :lol:), I’ll update

Exiled capital aborted … that suks  :x

And what’s that Marinaras mumbo-jumbo? Sounds like a RPG country or such! It’s called ‘Marianas’  :lol:

You’ll have to change the map for the new NOs

• @Kobu:

Is waiting to have your messages approved standard on Larry’s board? It’s annoying to wait for them to show up, and I still have one pending from days ago.

Thanks.

• i kind of have the feeling that with this board you can give this game soo many faces. i mean, this setup has some-most things in common with the original one, but still… so much different… look at the balance in the Med and in the Atlantic. look at the NO ‘drives’ for the US…

we re not really speaking of balance issues, i gather. but more likely true and valid options.

(that s my take)

• Larry has spoken about the Jap/Russo Change.

Larry wrote:
    I DO realize the Russians and Japanese can flank each other … thus avoiding the 10IPC penality. Would it be a good idea to do that? Play it out and let us know.

• ANZAC gets a fighter in England? Is this for balance or is there some sort of historic content to it?

• I am guessing both? It makes it so the UK can not go on the offensive with 4 fighters right away, but gives extra punch on defense.

Maybe to signify American pilots etc in the UK?

Should make the game interesting to see how it plays out.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@molinar13:

I think that’s a typo

Yes, it was a typo - he’s corrected it.

• I’m not liking the new victory conditions for the Axis. It further takes away from the global feel of this global game. If you can win by only playing well on one side, what’s the point of having both boards out?

• @hewhoisnickel:

I’m not liking the new victory conditions for the Axis. It further takes away from the global feel of this global game. If you can win by only playing well on one side, what’s the point of having both boards out?

I don’t much like it either. I think getting the US to pay attention to the Pacific should be done via NOs, not victory conditions. The Allies can pound either side into the dust, and just be out of position on the other and the Axis can win.

• TripleA

@Kobu:

@hewhoisnickel:

I’m not liking the new victory conditions for the Axis. It further takes away from the global feel of this global game. If you can win by only playing well on one side, what’s the point of having both boards out?

I don’t much like it either. I think getting the US to pay attention to the Pacific should be done via NOs, not victory conditions. The Allies can pound either side into the dust, and just be out of position on the other and the Axis can win.

i like to think of it more as the allies have lost rather than the axis have won. it was the allies that needed to save the world from imperialistic powers. you could say the allies did not save the world if they liberated europe but all of asia and the pacific were ruled by the japanese.

sure the allies could redeploy and try to fight the japanese but try to explain that to the chinese, indian, and aussie kids learning japanese in school. and the exhausted uk/usa infantryman that after slogging through europe they need to now fly to the other side of the world for more years of fighting.

when the game did not have these victory conditions usa would spend all it’s ipc on one theater and crush either germany or japan. so, we played the game and the outcome was only based on ONE theater. the game was unbalanced. now usa must spend in both theaters making more action over the globe and giving the axis a better chance at winning.

• That can still be done through NOs, and an all-out KGF shouldn’t be made impossible, just harder to pull off.

Looking at this new setup, the Taranto raid is going to be very costly to attempt. It would be nice if there were a fighter and tac on Malta/Gibraltar so a real bloody air raid could still be attempted. In compensation, give Italy maybe a couple more infantry. I do like how Italy has been pumped up.

It does seem that Britain will be able to maintain some of their ships. And Russia gets a nice boost in the Far East. It will be interesting to see if Italy’s new strength can offset this and the Allies’ original advantages.

• TripleA

i have not playtested yet but i think axis will have advantage.

i think the vc change makes it very hard for allies.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m