• @maverick_76:

Yeah, but it basically forces Japan to annihilate China, while with current rules Japan can choose to ignore China if it wants.

Then it loses 15-20 ipcs. Why do this?

• Thanks for the responses guys…

I’m thinking of testing this in my next game of Global, with these rules:

-Chinese units may fly over and enter Allied territories on the Pacific board once the owner of the territory is at war with Japan. If the Axis control the said territory and China is at war with that Axis power, China may attack it.
    -Chinese units may fly over and enter Allied territories on the Europe board once BOTH China and the owner of the territory is at war with the European Axis powers. If the Axis controls the said territory and China is at war with that Axis power, China may attack it.
    -Chinese units may board Allied transports just like any Allied units can enter a transport of an ally.
    -China may only build units in originally Chinese territories, with the same limitations as before.

• As an Idea, what if Japan just ignores China altogehter?  China can basically defend Hong Kong, so Japan misses out on that Victory City and it’s mainland Territories while throughing it’s bulk against U.K. et. al…

Probably a crazy idea.

• @Daedelus:

As an Idea, what if Japan just ignores China altogehter?  China can basically defend Hong Kong, so Japan misses out on that Victory City and it’s mainland Territories while throughing it’s bulk against U.K. et. al…

Probably a crazy idea.

It also loses 11 ipcs in original Chinese territories, and 10 more in territories it could have captured if it didn’t ignore china

• I’m just wondering if the focus on the other countries without having to commit dozens of infantry and PLanes and time on China wold pay off.  I don’t think it will but I am trying to think out side the box.  It is probably best to smash China.

• The game China became a monster, the axis won the game but were unable to conquer/reconquer chinese territories.

• I favor killing chinese during turns when my Japanese planes have nothing else to do. To everuthing turn turn turn

• What if Japan just left China alone and focused its land and air units in China on India instead?

There are 14 IPCs that China can take from Japan, and those can be more than made up for from the the cash islands (Sumatra, Java, etc.).

Since China (and their one fighter) can’t leave Chinese territory, what harm could come of it? There’s not much to gain from China, and you have to spend quite a few IPCs if you want to take it.

• The problem with ignoring China is the fact that for the first 2-3 turns, Japan will only be at war with China and maybe Russia. It’s better to use the land and air unit to crush China and the Siberian forces until at war with the Allies, rather than retreating onto transports and getting into position to attack the Allies.

• China should attack SU on 1st turn to put pressure on SU

• @hewhoisnickel:

The problem with ignoring China is the fact that for the first 2-3 turns, Japan will only be at war with China and maybe Russia. It’s better to use the land and air unit to crush China and the Siberian forces until at war with the Allies, rather than retreating onto transports and getting into position to attack the Allies.

What if you go and attack the Allies on turn one?

• @Applesauce234:

@hewhoisnickel:

The problem with ignoring China is the fact that for the first 2-3 turns, Japan will only be at war with China and maybe Russia. It’s better to use the land and air unit to crush China and the Siberian forces until at war with the Allies, rather than retreating onto transports and getting into position to attack the Allies.

Why would you do that?

• I’d like to see China roll for tech sometime.  War bonds, Improved Artillery, or Jets might be pretty useful for them.
    Hey, if the Allies go Japan first (especially in the Alpha setup) it could be really useful for the Chinese to spend 15 bucks a turn on tech.  They won’t be doing anything else but buying a ton of infantry because they can’t move anywhere.

• Japan has to take China or its screwed cash wise. Otherwise it gets outspent by the allies.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Applesauce234:

@hewhoisnickel:

Why would you do that?

If you attack the Allies on the first turn you can take Kwangtung and stop the UK from getting one of their national objectives and you can take out the US air force in the Philippines. The one time we got a game of Global together, the Axis attacked the Allies on the first turn and it couldn’t have gone smoother for both Germany and Japan. Maybe we were just lucky.

Also, keep in mind a few things:
    China starts with very little, and it would take them some time to get to your more important territories.
    You won’t need to build an industrial complex in Kiangsu (or wherever most people build it), since it’ll end up in Chinese hands anyway.
    Nearly ALL your land and air units in China can now be used to take India and their IPCs (India also leads right into Russia’s underbelly).

It sounds like no one has faith in this idea, but I’m hearing very little reasoning as to why this won’t work. If I end up trying this strategy in our next Global game I’ll post how it goes.

• @MEGAEINSTEIN:

China should attack SU on 1st turn to put pressure on SU

You mean Japan? I thought about this too.

@robbie358:

I’d like to see China roll for tech sometime.  War bonds, Improved Artillery, or Jets might be pretty useful for them.
    Hey, if the Allies go Japan first (especially in the Alpha setup) it could be really useful for the Chinese to spend 15 bucks a turn on tech.  They won’t be doing anything else but buying a ton of infantry because they can’t move anywhere.

Why bother rolling for tech if they can’t move anywhere? I think that if China is doing well enough to roll for tech, they don’t have to roll for tech.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m