• @Vandalcreed:

I was under the impression a carrier can move then launch. But cannot move upon landing of planes.

That explains a lot. Would be handy yes, but a plane has to start flying from where it (and the carrier) is located in the beginning of the move.

So you can for example reach 3 zones and move back 1 zone to land on the carrier (if it followed).

As for you warning your opponent, i guess that saved a lot of your UK fleet in the Atlantic :)

• Ah fair enough. Ok how bout this send in Uk cruiser, destroyer, Alexandria fighter and carrier against I battleship and cruiser. Then use the Tac bomber and transport with inf and tank. Slightly more risky 40% chance of UK winning naval battle. Assuming you don’t use any hits on the carrier.

• As others have told you the tac bomber won’t reach Rome (not enough movement). The only way you could pull this off is to get long-range aircraft tech on UK1.

• @Vandalcreed:

Ah fair enough. Ok how bout this send in Uk cruiser, destroyer, Alexandria fighter and carrier against I battleship and cruiser. Then use the Tac bomber and transport with inf and tank. Slightly more risky 40% chance of UK winning naval battle. Assuming you don’t use any hits on the carrier.

You mean attacking SZ95, right? That is possible, yes. That’s the Taranto raid they’re talking about in some topics. But if you lose that fight, if you bring along the AC, you’ll also lose the transport and the units (before they can go on land).
    And not to forget: if the AC (the carrier) gets damaged, no planes can land on it anymore and they will be lost as well, even if you win this battle. Option for that is to move the UK AC to SZ93 instead where it can join with the french ships.
    (that move can be done in the non-combat turn, so in case you lose both planes, you don’t have to move it there anymore).

You may already know all this, of course ;)

• Another “gimmick move”, oh look I just won first round. What did you win? 10 ipcs? And a lost Africa. Plus the loss of Rome for UK considering Germany just takes it back. Whats the loss of 10 ipcs in the course of a game? Even if Italy cant build they are still not out.

• You wouldn’t lose Africa…The axis can’t take South Africa on turn 1 and thats the only way the UK loses Africa. So idk where that idea came from.

Also if the UK fleet surives turn 1 game is over because UK is safe enough to be untakeable and now they can annoy the hell out of Germany with fighter and bomber strikes. Plus transports every once in a while. That is forces Germany has to keep in France to prevent an invasion thus(unless Russia roles horrible or is really playing bad) Russia can easily defend long enough for the USA to get forces into the war and the game is just downhill from there.

I would take the 40% chance(assuming I could do it) to take Rome turn 1 just to piss the Axis off and dirvirt them a turn or 2 as they can ill afford for things not to go according to plan. And if you lose its not a huge deal in the long run.

• You wouldn’t lose Africa…The axis can’t take South Africa on turn 1 and thats the only way the UK loses Africa. So idk where that idea came from.

Also if the UK fleet surives turn 1 game is over because UK is safe enough to be untakeable and now they can annoy the hell out of Germany with fighter and bomber strikes. Plus transports every once in a while. That is forces Germany has to keep in France to prevent an invasion thus(unless Russia roles horrible or is really playing bad) Russia can easily defend long enough for the USA to get forces into the war and the game is just downhill from there.

I would take the 40% chance(assuming I could do it) to take Rome turn 1 just to piss the Axis off and dirvirt them a turn or 2 as they can ill afford for things not to go according to plan. And if you lose its not a huge deal in the long run.

Just an example of poor planning. Once again a low luck

I would take the 40% chance(assuming I could do it) to take Rome turn 1 just to piss the Axis off

I won on turn 1 strategy. The loss of the starting units in Africa set up the African take over, it does not happen first turn, but will more than likely happen with those units wasted.

• Even if Africa falls…lets assume that Italy takes it for shits and giggles that rises their IPC per turn to around 30ish. The American forces still come and kick their asses in Italy or in Africa…once America has a foothold in Africa its over for Italy…or they go annoy Germany a lot in France or Norway.  America is still really strong thats why I think its worth the risk turn 1 for the UK. For the Axis player it wouldn’t be worth the risk at all but for the Allies they can afford to take chances if they wish.

• I agree with DeadBunny all these “Gimmick” moves don’t consider the long game. Flash in the pan at best. Like flying all the Japanese fighters to Europe…sounds like a good way to get smoked by the Chinese!

SalothStar… you are a sane voice in a void of darkness. Now prepare to be flamed by all the “I just won… you cant recover from that!” crowd.

• Even if Africa falls…lets assume that Italy takes it for shits and giggles that rises their IPC per turn to around 30ish. The American forces still come and kick their asses in Italy or in Africa…once America has a foothold in Africa its over for Italy…or they go annoy Germany a lot in France or Norway.  America is still really strong thats why I think its worth the risk turn 1 for the UK. For the Axis player it wouldn’t be worth the risk at all but for the Allies they can afford to take chances if they wish.

OK, with this logic, since the US will eventually retake the African continent why bother wasting UK units (specifically high value units)? They could be used better somewhere else.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m