Capturing Dutch territories with London UK units

• Krieghund

I was wondering - I read this post of yours earlier:

Krieghund:
    Quote from: johnnyseinfeld on August 25, 2010, 12:09:46 pm

That is what I was thinking, but I wanted to make sure with this new split economy for the UK.  I suppose it would be true the other way around as well.  Meaning Japan controls the Indian Complex.  The UK Europe power could not get the IPCs from the Pacific Map UK territories.  It would have to go there and actually take the territories.

The UK economies will never benefit from each others’ original territories.  If India is Axis-controlled and one of its territories is recaptured from the Axis, the IPCs will be in limbo, just as with any power whose capital is in enemy hands

My question is this:

London UK is still active but India remains under Axis control - Does that mean when the UK recaptures Dutch territory does the money also remain in limbo because India is under Axis control. Your post above makes it sound like you only mean recaptured Far East former British territory.

• London can never gain income from any controlled territories on the Pacific map.

• Official Q&A

Calvin’s right.  I shouldn’t have restricted my statement to original UK territories, as it applies to all UK-controlled territories.

• Not to mention that there’s no such thing as “London UK Units” and “Pacific UK Units” once the units are mobilized.  At that point, they’re UK units, moving at the same time in both theatres.  It’s not a split power, only a split economy.  It doesn’t matter where they were purchased or what they conquer, only whether the regional capital is still under UK control.

Despite what some player on here have claimed to have done, this is precisely why you should NOT play UK with two players, nor should you use different color pieces because they are NOT different units because it only confuses the issue.

• Ok - still that seems odd. In my case - Australia took those territories originally - (Sumatra, Java, etc.) Hence, if a British fleet recaptured them from the Japanese, but India was still under Japanese control, doesn’t that seem kind of unfair for Britain not to gain that money since they weren’t Indian UK controlled in the first place?. I mean, if the US captured those islands, the US gets the money and can spend it wherever it wants. I don’t know - it seems a little screwy to me.

• @leobarron2000:

Ok - still that seems odd. In my case - Australia took those territories originally - (Sumatra, Java, etc.) Hence, if a British fleet recaptured them from the Japanese, but India was still under Japanese control, doesn’t that seem kind of unfair for Britain not to gain that money since they weren’t Indian UK controlled in the first place?. I mean, if the US captured those islands, the US gets the money and can spend it wherever it wants. I don’t know - it seems a little screwy to me.

London is too far away to collect the money.

• Official Q&A

It doesn’t matter who controlled the territories before.  All that matters is that UK controls them now.  Territories aren’t controlled by “UK Europe” or “UK Pacific” - they’re controlled by UK.  The income from those territories goes to the capital on that map.  If that capital is enemy-held, no one gets the IPCs.

• I see your point. Thanks for the clarification. I appreciate it, and we love the game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m