• It seems to me that the UK is in the best position to deter J’s advance, particularly from a first move perspective. If G doesn’t take Egt, than UK1 can be 2inf Aus to Ngu, an attack on Bor or Fic, along w/ attak to 59, and move bomber to Nov. Most of that doesn’t seem to be any big loss/risk for UK, but potentially big for them if dice go their way

With Russia stacking 6 in Bury and maybe a reinforced UK fgh from 35 in Chi, that’s a lot for J to have to decide on.

• 2007 AAR League

My take on slow japan first.

Attack FIC
    3 inf, 1 fig Kill the units if possiable if Fig lives land in Sinkiang.

Kill transport in SZ59

Attack New guniea, Australia will fall soner or later anyway, if succesful its annoying for japan.

Also attack japanese sub with your sub. (kinda moot but anyways )

As russia you should have stacked 6 inf in Buryatia, and sent 2 arm from Russia to Yakutsk (i usually open with west russia belo attack and 3 inf, 3 arm Buy.)

The easiest way to cripple japan is to kill of it´s land units and make sure there are to many targets.

• '16 '15 '10

@dustwhit:

It seems to me that the UK is in the best position to deter J’s advance, particularly from a first move perspective. If G doesn’t take Egt, than UK1 can be 2inf Aus to Ngu, an attack on Bor or Fic, along w/ attak to 59, and move bomber to Nov. Most of that doesn’t seem to be any big loss/risk for UK, but potentially big for them if dice go their way

With Russia stacking 6 in Bury and maybe a reinforced UK fgh from 35 in Chi, that’s a lot for J to have to decide on.

If you’re gonna move 6 inf to Bury R1, then land the Uk fighter there too.  In China it won’t survive, but if you land it in Bury you can potentially threaten fleets with your sub (which goes to the ngu or sol sea zone), your fighter, and your bomber.  And it’s pretty risky for Japan to hit Bury in dice with 6 inf 1 fig there.

That said I think it’s probably a better move to use the 2 inf from ind plus fig on an Egy counter then on Borneo (ie if you lose Africa Germany will get so big that it doesn’t matter whether you contain Japan or not).

FIC is also potentially a better move then Borneo.  At least with FIC you could use your fighter in the attack and still land it in Buryatia.

I don’t recommend New Guinea…too much risk too little reward.

• @Zhukov44:

FIC is also potentially a better move then Borneo.  At least with FIC you could use your fighter in the attack and still land it in Buryatia.

Makes good sense. Thx. I’m not following you though on how the fgh (sz35) can land in Bury after attacking Fic. Am I missing a pathway? Perhaps I’m mistakenly thinking the fgh starts in 35, when its Ind (I’m looking at the online board)

What’s your opinion on an IC in Egt? Is that a good move after securing Africa? It seems like that is the most efficient means to be a detriment to J’s push into R, while still providing opportunities to reinforce Cau, threaten further amphib against Balk/SoE, etc

• You can try to be aggressive with Russia and the UK forces in India on round 1. This usually opens up the US to place an IC on Sinkiang R1 and pump 2 tanks into Asia each round.

• the more I think about it, if buying an IC in india on UK1, its best to buy 2.  Put the other in Safrica.  It can support the India IC, and provide the troops to contest Egypt.

• '16 '15 '10

@dustwhit:

Makes good sense. Thx. I’m not following you though on how the fgh (sz35) can land in Bury after attacking Fic. Am I missing a pathway?

You’re right, it can’t land in Bury.  I’m not very experienced attacking FIC; I usually go for Egypt.  I guess the fig could land in China if the FIC attack succeeds, though not necessarily.

• 2007 AAR League

One reason for landing in China is to make Japan lose Ground units, japan is very low on units and without them they can´t do their fast expansion.

• @Nix:

As russia you should have stacked 6 inf in Buryatia, and sent 2 arm from Russia to Yakutsk (i usually open with west russia belo attack and 3 inf, 3 arm Buy.)… …
    The easiest way to cripple japan is to kill of it´s land units and make sure there are to many targets.

Nix, do you find that moving 2 tanks to Yak is too disruptive to holding the Western front? It seems to me that moving 2 tanks is quite a commitment. I would think you could move a couple infantry to Nov when you think J will make a run on Yak, and than recapture it with the inf and any desired arm in Rus from the previous troop placement phase

• 2007 AAR League

Normaly 2 arm is not a problem, ofc depends i mean if he go all out tanks r1 Im still ok, round 2 if he went all out tanks again i just move tanks back from Yak, and then the allies will win.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m