• The final Saw movie has been released and was #1 at the box office for its opening weekend. Any fans of the movies visit these forums or are you glad the series is over? I have been to opening weekend for all but the first movie. I am upset the series ended and would have gone to all future releases if they continued to make the movies.

• I love comedy’s and that was so ridiculous it could only be a spoof on itself.

How the hell can so few men have so much time on his hands to create so many contraptions, it would take 20 years to produce that stuff. And that police station looked more like a hotel room. The killer just shoots all sorts of people and like nobody hears anything? Is this some Mayberry RFD police department with 2 officers? A station like that employs like 30-40 people at any time.

Yea it was a comedy and i hope Jim Carrey works in part 7

• @Imperious:

Yea it was a comedy and i hope Jim Carrey works in part 7

Saw 7 is the one that was released last week. Maybe Saw 8 for Jim? There are a lot of things that were not discussed like the length of time it takes to make a contraption, where he got all of the information about his test subjects, etc. Overall I thought the series started out unique and I had to see all of them to see how it ended but the end left more questions that still need to be answered.

• I thought the 1st one was a great thriller.  But after that I just got sick of it and am tired of seeing essentially the same promos over and over.

@Imperious:

How the hell can so few men have so much time on his hands to create so many contraptions, it would take 20 years to produce that stuff. And that police station looked more like a hotel room. The killer just shoots all sorts of people and like nobody hears anything? Is this some Mayberry RFD police department with 2 officers? A station like that employs like 30-40 people at any time.

It’s called suspension of disbelief.  Every movie expects you to comply, some more than others, unless it’s a documentary perhaps.

• In the case of this movie, the term should be “suspension of all reality and possibilities” and just make it a cartoon. People could then just buy the ridiculousness unleashed and not keep saying to ourselves…. “oh yea right, like that was even remotely possible”

In terms of this feature is ranks right with V for Vendetta, where once guy made, packaged in fancy gift boxes, and distributed 2,000,000 masks for the city to wear near the end on the movie.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1691979008/tt0434409

• @Imperious:

In the case of this movie, the term should be “suspension of all reality and possibilities” and just make it a cartoon. People could then just buy the ridiculousness unleashed and not keep saying to ourselves…. “oh yea right, like that was even remotely possible”

In terms of this feature is ranks right with V for Vendetta, where once guy made, packaged in fancy gift boxes, and distributed 2,000,000 masks for the city to wear near the end on the movie.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1691979008/tt0434409

Nobody with any sense went to see any of those movies thinking they were real.  Did you?

• I think i figured it would be gory or scary, but due to the utter contrived nonsense, it became something of a comedy. The problem is this was not the intention or was it?

I can suspend belief when watching the Three Stooges because they are trying to be funny. It is deliberate. This was like what they did in “Not another teen movie”

When a movie gets so ridiculously contrived that it becomes a self parody and that was never the intention and the actors are not cracking jokes and it turns into a Filipino vampire style movie that you might see on mystery science theater 3000, THEN it becomes either the biggest letdown or pure comedy. Something like Trilogy of Terror had a genuine quality of putting the viewer on edge because the plot did not try to emulate a Wile E. Coyote cartoon complete with uber mega-contrived roadrunner traps. To me it became a spoof like Plan 9 from outer space, except whoever made it figured they were actually scarring people, rather than make them laugh. It went way beyond any dignity that could be covered under “suspension of belief”

Probably why so many of those comedy spoofs use it as a plot device like scary movie. It became the joke of comedies like Freddy Krugger and sold more Pepsi.

What would have been great if they got somebody like Curly and they put him into one of these mutilation machines, and the saw just broke apart trying to saw off his head. That would have been a fitting scene in that movie. Or they could have redone the scene where they pull teeth and done this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcELyKkOAak&feature=related

or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jocRd-aajW0&feature=related

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m