• In my games, Japan always holds back from attacking the US fleet. The fighters help the continental expansion, and Japan normally has everything east of Russia and Syria-Iraq. The US navy either moves to the atlantic, which lets the Japanese Midway, Pearl, and alaska unimpeded; or it builds up, spending precious IPs on the pacific, leaving Germany to use luftwaffe to kill british chances of building for D-Day and to take the russian capital, sence Japan widdled Russia down to 1 or 2 territories. So i think either way, Pearl is almost better avoided, especially since Japan can never rebuild navy it loses if it doesnt get money from the mainland

• I do not attack Hawii as the attack only destroys units that japan can’t rebuild but the US can and it also gets the US’s attention because it wants to cou ter attack. If you dont attack a good US player will move there fleet to the atlantic and if they ever decide to go back to the pacific you have a navy with which you can defend. My J1 strategy uasally involves attacking (and taking) India, China and Sinking( a nice bit of IPCS :) ), this move would be impossabe if I had forces commited to the pacific.

• '19 Moderator

If japan doesn’t pearl I, as America, will take France on turn 3 and keep it.

• not if germany uses my

“Montains of Infantry” tm

approch, Germany only buys infantry and moves them towards russia and towards positions needing fortifing (such as france)

it always works agansit the computer :D (on Hard setting too! :D )

• I for one, strongly believe in crushing the US Navy in the Pacific! Of course America has the money to rebuild but it is nice to have that one turn jump on America, especially since Japan does not start with too many IPCs

• I always adhere to the El Jefe Directive…

this is “TOP SECRET”, …

so don’t tell anyone else, …

but this is it…

It depends… .”

Do not divulge this…

under penalty of…

me licking the soles of your feet!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m