• Ok. So its round 6, and Italy is to play. I am inclined to think Allies still have a nice edge here, but things aren’t simple. The Japanese fleet in the Atlantic will have to be dealt with, and Germany will spend 91 ipcs at the beginning of their next turn. The downside for Axis is the American presence in Southern France (note that the UK fighter sometimes pictured in Tobruk is actually in Southern France, for a total of 3 UK fighters in SF, and the USA forces in Spain are actually in Gib) the very large Russian army, no German planes or navy, Japan is many turns from Russia (due to china being strong enough to effectively delay)

album with all the pictures together:

http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d105/rockrobinoff/AAsavedgame/?start=all

they aren’t named or edited, but they are sorted into groups of related pictures, starting with a bunch of wide angle shots of the board, then pacific, europe, china/india, north africa/med, and atlantic.

also, i took the time to do some counts on a few photos, and here are direct links to those:

money:

note that Germany has 91 ipcs due to having taken UK a second time. america has 83. UK does not have tech.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d105/rockrobinoff/AAsavedgame/IMGA0793.jpg

russians that can hit poland (not including bomber):

note that this also does not include the two inf and art in slovakia.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d105/rockrobinoff/AAsavedgame/russiacount.jpg

atlantic navy counts:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d105/rockrobinoff/AAsavedgame/JapanversusAmericainAtlantic.jpg

east USA unit count:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d105/rockrobinoff/AAsavedgame/EastandCentralUSA.jpg

berlin count:
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d105/rockrobinoff/AAsavedgame/berlincount.jpg

*note, i am not sure if there are 1 or 2 red chips on the stack of arts. the count i give is for 1 chip.

USA in Gib count:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d105/rockrobinoff/AAsavedgame/AmericaGibraltar.jpg

• Why are EUS arts in Gibraltar?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Why are EUS arts in Gibraltar?

just an error.

• I see. Usually, you do such things when you run out of space(like when you put American planes that were actually in Holland in Sweden)

• Germany is contained. Italy is contained. Japan has not made a lot of progress in Asia, and with their fleet off of S. America, with no land units on those transports, I don’t see the axis getting their 14 victory cities any time soon.

Australia looks fine, Egypt is safe from the axis. America can return to 101 and build a few navy ships to keep the Japanese fleet at bay.

Unless Germany has the ability to push back against Russia while the US is delayed, I don’t see a win for the axis. London will eventually be liberated.

If Japan were stronger in Asia I could see arguing for the axis a bit, but as is, its just a matter of time for the allies if you ask me.

• TripleA

i voted allied advantage, please disregard my vote

• @allweneedislove:

Why should he disregard it?

• Slight allied advantage….
    Germany is too boxed in…

Kudos to the axis though for actually pulling off a second Sealion…all though i am guessing that is why you do not have an airforce anymore…can always buy more with your ill gained IPC’s :evil:

• I would give the allies a slight advantage.

The axis are not in a terrible position right now, it looks bad but the Italians are about to take N. Italy back and even though the americans will take france and normandy next turn the germans will take it back right away. The russians too will get pushed back after germanys turn. The japanese are also poised to make a comeback in the pacific, as the DEI look like tempting targets or maybe even India. And with Japan gobbling up Russia’s eastern territories, the russians will not be able to fuel their great western offensive much longer. So america is the big variable here, mainly the mass of ships, planes and troops on gibraltar. If the Italians can move all available forces to Paris and hold it from the oncoming americans then the Axis has a chance because the germans can blitz through and take S. France thereby killing any American foothold.

Also fortunately for the axis, the american/anglo fleets are not that strong, and are apprx. comparable to the Japanese/German fleets, so if the american fleet can be destroyed or at least deterred from going back to the west coast for reinforcements then Fortress Europe will have time to rest and throw everything against the russians for a few turns. Basically as long as the Axis builds smart and does not allow the Americans a foothold in Europe No matter what the cost, they have a chance at victory.

• TripleA

@calvinhobbesliker:

@allweneedislove:

Why should he disregard it?

because i read the question
    How do you assess the position? 
    and i believe that allies have the advantage, so i voted allies. then i read the first post and realized he is referencing his specific game. so i voted without being informed. so not to wreck his poll i advised him to disregard my vote.

• game over allies.imop

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Technically Allied Advantage

However, judging from some of their Unit placement… it appears as if the allies don’t know how to play the game aswell as the Axis player.

Here is the Reality.  U.S.A. must, MUST liberate the U.K. As soon as Possible,. If this FAILS MISERABLY the axis hold on to hope. Victory in the U.K. assumed, should start the downward slope of the Axis till game end.  The Jap navy in South America is a JOKE - Disregard entirely. (Lack of ANY transports the reason)

If the Axis relies on it’s experience however, and plays balls out, there is one BIG oppurtunity in their favour.  India “Could” fall with no chance of recapture on the next Japanese Turn.  This will have a DEVESTATING effect in the Pacific.  Probably not soon enough to save Germany, but certainly an ugly wild card.

Who does this all come down to? One player. Russia.

Those Russian Tanks need to be Rolling into Berlin and eating up the S.E. portions of Europe as soon as possible, and eroding the German empire piece meal.  A campaign can also be diverted to Liberate India (A VERY GOOD IDEA ASAP).

But if sloppy Russian play continues, this could go 50/50 or pro axis in a matter of 3 or 4 turns.

• Them Japanese better hurry up and do something on the Asian mainland.  Get them some transports mechs and tanks to move fast.  Build just enough inf to soak up a few obvious hits/fill the transports.

• @Gargantua:

Technically Allied Advantage

Here is the Reality.  U.S.A. must, MUST liberate the U.K. As soon as Possible,. If this FAILS MISERABLY the axis hold on to hope.

obviously, and as it is the italian player’s go, and the USA is up next, and there are no german boats set up for a retake, the lib of UK is simple and assured.

The Jap navy in South America is a JOKE - Disregard entirely. (Lack of ANY transports the reason)

the japanese navy cannot be disregarded. that is extremely silly to suggest. yes, it is not threatening a landing, but it could disrupt landings/make life generally difficult. USA will have to blow it up (probably with subs and bombers).

If the Axis relies on it’s experience however, and plays balls out, there is one BIG oppurtunity in their favour.  India “Could” fall with no chance of recapture on the next Japanese Turn.  This will have a DEVESTATING effect in the Pacific.  Probably not soon enough to save Germany, but certainly an ugly wild card.

nonsense. india falling or not will have no impact on this game.

Who does this all come down to? One player. Russia.

Those Russian Tanks need to be Rolling into Berlin and eating up the S.E. portions of Europe as soon as possible, and eroding the German empire piece meal.  A campaign can also be diverted to Liberate India (A VERY GOOD IDEA ASAP).

But if sloppy Russian play continues, this could go 50/50 or pro axis in a matter of 3 or 4 turns.

the russia stack pulled back for one turn to liberate leningrad and avoid being crushed by the (at the time, bigger german stack) it was, for a couple of turns, just sitting on the german doorstep. accusations of “sloppy play” or incorrect placement of forces, is just hogwash.

I dont see any transports of the U.S. even in range of the U.K.  And the ones south of southern france are blocked by the Bat I believe.

Please excuse me, but I have to look at these pictures from someones camera phone, instead of being there, or having an electronic format. I could be mistaken, but look at the board before you speak please.

The Japanese Navy IS a joke. The U.S.A. can hide from it, widdle it down, ignore it, or in a matter of a turn or two, obliterate it. as absolutely 100% of U.S.A. income can be spent against the Atlantic at this game point.  Because Japan so poorly decided to send it’s fleet east.  If you disagree, think theoretically, DOUBLE or TRIPLE the size of that navy in that Sea Zone.  How much game impact does that have? Almost NONE.

The Japs can effectively accomplish NOTHING, but minor and irrelevant disruptions.  That navy also can’t heal unless it gets to an axis port, 2 turns away.  Which also means it’s ACC’s can’t take hits, or it starts losing planes.

If india doesn’t fall, it has a major impact, as the Japanese Pacific campaign is essentially over.  The only hope the japs have of holding on, is to take india, and build troops there to expand their economic empire, and TRY to get pressure off Germany.  India also can’t be liberated once taken by the japs, without TURNS of equipment and thought.  It’s thier ONLY major move in the pacific.

**As for sloppy play… where are the Russians in the Middle East? In range of India? helping in China?

Why did the U.K. LOSE their capital TWICE? That’s bad play.

And why doesn’t America have a minor navy in the pac?  Answer those questions please, or it’s scientifically concluded - BAD FORM.**

As I said aswell, once U.K. is liberated, the rest is just a short matter of time.  Put this onto a battlemap and I’ll prove it if you disagree.

• @Gargantua:

I dont see any transports of the U.S. even in range of the U.K.  And the ones south of southern france are blocked by the Bat I believe.

incorrect. they can go around.

The Japanese Navy IS a joke. The U.S.A. can hide from it, widdle it down, ignore it, or in a matter of a turn or two, obliterate it. as absolutely 100% of U.S.A. income can be spent against the Atlantic at this game point.

so it can’t be disregarded, resources not already built will have to be built to deal with it. therefore, not irrelevant, and potentially buying time.

If india doesn’t fall, it has a major impact, as the Japanese Pacific campaign is essentially over.  The only hope the japs have of holding on, is to take india, and build troops there to expand their economic empire, and TRY to get pressure off Germany.  India also can’t be liberated once taken by the japs, without TURNS of equipment and thought.  It’s thier ONLY major move in the pacific.

japan is much too far away, too many turns to stem the allied tide (although, if the japanese fleet in the atlantic can buy them a turn or two, then perhaps they are close enough)

Why did the U.K. LOSE their capital TWICE? That’s bad play.

it might have been, but many things had to go right for the germans to get it back after it was liberated.

And why doesn’t America have a minor navy in the pac?  Answer those questions please, or it’s scientifically concluded - BAD FORM.

you defining what makes good play doesn’t make it scientific, it makes it arbitrary and ill informed. there was no US navy in the pacific because japan went straight after america in an effort to justify sea lion.

Well you admit to Bad Play on the part of U.K. so the case is closed.  Regardless of what had to go right for the Germans.

And no, resources don’t HAVE to be built to deal with the Japanese Navy, but the reality is 100% of the USA’s income is going into the atlantic, thereby relieving NO pressure on Germany.

A Jap navy with transports off the east coast of the U.S. or threatening australia however, would divert that 100%.  Sending a useless navy to South America was a poor decision in this game. Hinsight or not.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m