• Global: 1940… an animal you don’t really like to mess with as Axis.  Some fear it so much as to toss the OOB setup out the window haha!  I have an idea that needs some brainstorming still, but have a basic idea of what needs to be done.

Operation S’ebis (Russian for “Get the f**k out”).  The basic premise of this strategy is to focus all of Germany and all the Japanese armies into the mother land.

–G1 and J1 attacks into Russia.  Reasoning:  Less IPC Russia has, the less Infantry he’ll have in Moscow.

–I1 should focus on the UK to buy Germany and Japan time to kill Russia.  Kills France.

–G4 should be capturing Moscow.

–J3 should have China and Dutch Islands.  Readies for India grab.

–I3 should have good control on Africa.  Control the Med, and harrassing India/UK fleets.

Thoughts and comments welcome, bad or good!

After thought:  The whole idea is to unify the Axis powers, it’s like a huge suction into Russia and the Axis than explodes into UK and USA.

• All against Russia, sounds valid.
    But for your i1: don’t forget UK plays before Italy, so they might nog have their hands free, and without any Sealion they have interesting possibilities and will surely sink part of the italian fleet for starters.

Also capturing Moscow in G4 sounds more than just ambitious  :-D
    For that at such a speed, you’ll need enough can-openers, made in italy.

• Agree with special forces.  It is almost impossible to take Moscow on G4.  That’s advancing 1 territory each and every round without stopping.  There’s no way.

If you can capture Moscow by like G10 or G12, you ought to be able to win as Axis, no?

• So looking at Japan IPC from attacking…

China: 12 IPC
    Russia:  12-13 IPC

Netting around 50 IPC to defend USA and setup for attacking India.  Use most of your sea force you can setup shop to claim the Dutch Islands.  But Allies (if smart) would trench the Dutch Islands and put Infantry on them.

J2 you take Kansu from China.  Japan builds nothing but bombers… lands them J3 on Kansu.  Attack Russia J4… than G5 Moscow win?  So G4 is a little out of reach, but I’m thinking with Japanese airforce helping… G5 is possible?

I haven’t played with Germany yet in Global, just USA and Japan.  What difficulties does Germany have defeating the Russian army?  How can Germany get around Moscow poised to attack G4?

Italy looks pretty good after turn 4’ish, probably around 33 IPC if not more with luck.

Germany would be around 50 IPC I assume, maybe more if Russia pulls units from Novgorod.

• @gamerman01:

Agree with special forces.  It is almost impossible to take Moscow on G4.  That’s advancing 1 territory each and every round without stopping.  There’s no way.

If you can capture Moscow by like G10 or G12, you ought to be able to win as Axis, no?

Giving America too much time to mess with your plans is too risky, going in and not taking Moscow is always Risky.  Trying to get operation S’ebis a early win on Moscow so Axis has time to reset and attack America / UK.

• '10

@Dark_Destroyer:

–G4 should be capturing Moscow.

:? What are you dreaming on :?

Ever played a global  game? Who played Russia in this game?

• @marechallannes:

:? What are you dreaming on :?

Ever played a global  game? Who played Russia in this game?

I’ve played 2 global games actually, both Allied wins.  Want to know why?  Axis was game over start of turn 7 because of attrition.  Both games the sealion failed because of rolls and or lack of force.  We’re not retards that can’t add or subtract here, we know all about probability and strategy.  Sealion has around 45% chance of succeeding, not very good, unless of course UK is a moron and builds all in Africa.  This is assuming all players know basics here.

You don’t end Russia’s IPC collection, and kill Russia what, turn 8 or 10?  Hell, maybe we’re not playing the same fricken global game.  Because Turn 8 or 10 USA has far and beyond out IPC’d Germany and Italy combined for FOUR TURNS or more.  Yay, I took Russia turn 13, oh snap I just lost Berlin and Italy on the same turn 4 turns ago, gg USA/UK.

Germany can take Russia G4, I know for a fact it can do it G5.  I just need to wait for my board to clear up to do some testing.  Telling me dream on is pretty laughable, don’t even know what attrition is  :|

• '10

G5 is possible, but not with a G1 attack.

Japan can occupie russian terretories behind china in G4 and take 4 IPCs from the far east, without leaving too much planes in Japan/Mandschuria.

Sea Lion is not an option. Russia grows too big.

You are right! A combined attack on Russia is my favourite solution, too.

G5 or G6 for capturing Moskau is realistic.

We call this tactic “Panzerwalze”. :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m