• On the board for the Suez canal there is a break clearly showing that there are 2 seperate sea zones. For the Panama Canal there is no such line of seperation. Either this is a mistake, or it is supposed to be 1 sea zone. Personally I think that it is 2 seperate sea zones, and there was a mistake made on the map. But I am not sure. If you could let me know I would appreciate it.

BrimStone

• There are 2 sea zones between the India sea zone and the S. Europe sea zone. The red sea is a single sea zone.

There are 3 sea zones between the E. USA sea zone and the W. USA sea zone. The rule book clearly states that Sea zones on either side of the Panamal canal are seperate sea zones. It’s 2 complete turns to move the BB and transport from LA to Washington.

BB

• Confirmed!

• Thanks for confirming this, I am sure everybody was just waiting for somebody of your calibre to look over what I had said….

B

• Thanx guys for the response, I was just wondering.

• Nadda prob :-) One map connection our local group managed to play without for years (OK, we’re a bit slower out in the sticks…) was the atlantic ocean being connected to Western Canada. When that was pointed out to me I was slack-jawed. A ftr on a carrier at the Hawaiian sea zone could fly to a carrier in the UK sea zone. It also meant that the US player when doing the supply line to Norway should build troops on W. USA, move them up to W. Canada, then have the transports from the UK sea zone move to the E. Canada sea zone and load the troops from W. Canada. This is a legal move and makes Japan landing in Alaska a suicidal move.

BB

• Are you talking about basically the artic ocean running on top of the map? If so there is soo much ice in there that ships during WWII could not have made passage through there. They did not have ice breakers that could make that trip.

• No, it seems silly don’t get me wrong. But somewhere in the rule clarification sheet it just states that the Atlantic is connected to W. Canada. I couldn’t believe it…… I now have a number 1 in a circle in the Atlantic pointing west and a circle with a number 1 in western canada pointing East.

Just wait until you pull that move on somebody, I hope they were as shocked as when it was pulled on me…

BB

• BigBlocky is correct–in the normal rules, Western Canada is adjacent to the Hudson Bay SZ. However I HATE this rule, since the Atlantic area on the board is WAY too small anyway, with TRs & aircraft just zipping vast distances without even breaking a sweat. If anything, I’d like to see MORE SZs in the Atlantic to make the Allied supply line to North Sea a little slower & more vulnerable to German SUB & air attacks. When was the last time Germany built a fleet of SUBs? IMO, SUBs are part of the flavor of playing Germany, but no one (including me) ever opts for a SUB program because it’s too much investment for too little effect.

But I’m rambling…We don’t play w/ Western Canada adjacent to Hudson Bay SZ for precisely the reasons stated above & that in many cases it totally defies logic. But it IS standard rules.

Try this: park a large Japanese CV fleet in the small SZ west of British Columbia. Next turn, fly all the FTRs across West Canada through Hudson Bay SZ to attack the Allied TRs in North Sea SZ. Plan on landing all surviving FTRs on Western Europe, though there will be no survivors. Note the fury on the Allies’ faces :lol: ! They’ll agree to an amendment to the rule in no time.

As far as the Panama Canal, here’s what you do: take a standard black ball-point pen & draw a tiny line on the board between the two halves of Panama. Mine has lasted for years, and I have to point out to most people that I put it there!

Ozone27

• Oz, I did that to Panama. Even though we all know the rule it’s a good reminder.

There is also that slight thingee about the two sea zones on the very S. West of S. America being connected to the seazone about the caroline islands blow up box on the S. East most sea zone. It’s a blue blue moon when that gets used but……

BB

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m