• Hello All,

Being a newb when it comes to playing A&A, I am a very very big fan of the genre and games like this.

I was about to buy the AA Europe and Pacific to play together, but then I found some pictures on this forum of bigger self-made maps.

This made me decide I want this as well!

I want to play on a huge (self-made) map, using the pdf’s offered here and then buy (better looking and bigger) miniatures.
    Also I will need the rules and all other attributes that come with the original game.

I have been trying to find the things above, but there is a lot out there and because I have almost no experience with the game I find it hard to decide what I need.

So I would like to ask for your advice!

To recap: The goal is to play on a huge world map (at least 118’’ x 60’'). I would like to be able to both play heads up (1 vs 1) and multiplayer (i.e. 3-6 players?). Furthermore I want good looking miniatures and not the standard plastic ones (but depending on the price, I might stick with standard after all) and I dislike the cardboard factories etc, so I would like to have 3d models of those.

Also there are different sets of rules out there and I would like to have advice on which are the best (most realistic) ruleset to use.

I highly appreciate your input!

Star

• Welcome to axisandallies.org!

I don’t know much about miniatures, but you can make good homemade boards if you can track down a projector.

Best of luck!

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

Imperious leader has many good maps and rules on this site as well as game tokens, boards that can be downloaded an printed out.
    Many others have posted good house rules that can be added to your own game.
    There are a wealth of great ideas and places to get miniatures for the game.
    If you stay with the out of the box miniatures, it will be the cheapest.
    I use 1/72 infantry, 1:285 tanks, mechs, 1/700 aircraft , and 1/2400 ships for my 48"x 96" board, but they are not cheap.

• @coachofmany:

Imperious leader has many good maps and rules on this site as well as game tokens, boards that can be downloaded an printed out.
    Many others have posted good house rules that can be added to your own game.
    There are a wealth of great ideas and places to get miniatures for the game.
    If you stay with the out of the box miniatures, it will be the cheapest.
    I use 1/72 infantry, 1:285 tanks, mechs, 1/700 aircraft , and 1/2400 ships for my 48"x 96" board, but they are not cheap.

Hey Coach,

Thanks for your reply! I hope you don’t mind me asking what you paid for your set of miniatures
    I have checked out the things you pointed out, thanks for that, much appreciated!

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

Over $1000.00……yikes???

• sweet  :mrgreen:

Could you tell me a bit more about your set?

How many people can play? Do you have any pictures of them (or maybe your complete setup?)

Thanks once again!

Star

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m