• A1:

• Two fighters to Western Australia.

• Fleet (with cargo) to sz63.

A2:

• Two fighters to Western Australia.

• Two fighters to sz39 (on UK CV)

• Fleet to sz64

A3:

• Two fighters to Africa - reunited with the ANZAC Egyptian garrison.

• Two fighters to sz39 (on UK CV).

• Fleet to sz88 (with US permission).

A4:

• Two fighters to Africa

• Fleet lands on West coast of Africa

I haven’t thought about builds - some basic stuff to keep up defense and maybe take Dutch colonies.  This could be fun though, and the ANZAC troops just might make a difference in Africa and the Mediterranean.

• Interesting, but make sure Japan doesn’t take Australia

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Interesting, but make sure Japan doesn’t take Australia

You don’t leave your home turf till A2, and you by’ve saved all the ANZAC build for use in the Pacific.  I think it’ll still be a nuisance for Japan to send an invasion force.  An Australian invasion slows Japan down a lot, and doesn’t hurt the allied war effort that much.  It’s really not worth the money I think.

Anyway, this is not meant to be brilliant, just trying to make ANZAC useful.

• My friend who plays all the anglo powers in our games always spends the first 3-4 turns by moving everything that can go to Cairo to Cairo. So he has been flying the ANZAC Ftrs there. First to Malaya, then to India, then to French Madagascar, and finally to Cairo. In the meantime nearly all the Pacific UK units are there too. The ANZAC ftrs have also often aided Soviet defence of Moscow, or Stalingrad from German and Japanese SBR’s and ground attacks.

Additionally, he always takes Brazil with ANZAC and builds a factory there (since in global, especially with Alpha, ANZAC ALWAYS has its +8 NO, and has the money for that stuff). I think that its decent, The idea is simply for more Allied can opener moves against Axis, which are especially helpful in straights and canals, when they are Axis held.

US always grabs persia for a factory there. UK usually builds its fleet in Canada for safety until its large enough to travel to England, and enough trannies to do a South Africa Shuck to Cairo. All very good at picking at the Axis fringes and strongly limiting Italian expansion. This is all in turns 1-4 though, before war is declared on US. Once turn 4 hits its a different, and more direct, game.

• One thing I have done is take the Anzac unit from Egypt on the UK transport. THen landed on Greece. I was going to take Yugolavia and build a minor. But UK took Paris and the axis surrendered.

• My basic Colonial UK strat has been to build alternatively one carrier or two transports on turn one, moving hard and fast to Egypt with those units that can sail, and with the others through the middle east (picking up guys along the way - useful when going through pro-axis iraq) The rest of the game: buy ground troops to die against Japan if she is coming your way, and consider a second wave to Egypt, depending on how fast Japan is being.

As for Anzac, in my last game I built an airbase in Western AUS, and flew my planes to India to group with UK and die against the Japanese. For the moment, that is the most I have been able to really squeeze out of Anzac for the global allied effort.

• In my current game, I will use the Aussies to take the Caroline islands so the united states can then stage their airforce on the island be closer to the action quicker. ANZAC also has an aircraft carrier so combined with the us fleet that will be arriving, tha Japanese will be nervous.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m