• In not the pro a Axis player, and i might have missed this part, but in Global, when the Germans invade france and capture the “Capital” does Germany recieve the 17 IPC’s in france’s control from the start?
    Or is there some kind of special rule on the regards of that?

• @Cereal:

In not the pro a Axis player, and i might have missed this part, but in Global, when the Germans invade france and capture the “Capital” does Germany recieve the 17 IPC’s in france’s control from the start?
    Or is there some kind of special rule on the regards of that?

They get the IPCs.

• thank you

Any mod can delete this topic if they wish.

• I tried to download your set up rules but they are no longer available. Do you have a revised version that works well? I’m having a similar issue that Russia and US players are sitting around for hours before they join the war and its boring for them.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Mr Cereal;  Welcome.

Don’t forget, its $19 during a Global (2 map) game.  After a while, most of us stop playing the two separate games and only play Global, the individual games work pretty well but they just aren’t anywhere near as sprawling and versatile as them together (though its daunting to play in one sitting).  And yes, Germany or Italy gets it.

If the allies recapture France or Moscow, the Axis can get the money over and over, so a lot of us mod the game to state that the second time a capital is captured, the money is lost to all, not captured as this gets abusive.

Mr. Giovdb

Set ups?  Not sure how to help.    If you feel like those players have too little fun waiting for the first 4 turns to go down, try playing the (canon, by Larry Harris) G42 setup at the top of this page.  It has no diplomacy limitation as in G40, except for Mongolia.

Alternately, you could have Japan DoW turn 1 (we call this J1) and while this is a choice and has limits, it does get the action started a bit faster.

• '17 '16 '15

@giovdb

You could give oztea’s 41 setup a try as well. It’s pretty much instant action. Provides a lot of strategy options as well.

• @taamvan:

Mr. Giovdb

Set ups?  Not sure how to help.    If you feel like those players have too little fun waiting for the first 4 turns to go down, try playing the (canon, by Larry Harris) G42 setup at the top of this page.  It has no diplomacy limitation as in G40, except for Mongolia.

Alternately, you could have Japan DoW turn 1 (we call this J1) and while this is a choice and has limits, it does get the action started a bit faster.

I hadn’t noticed Larry had released official 1942 rules and set up for global. We will give that a try at the end of the month. Sorry for resurrecting this thread.

• '19 '17 '16

Ozteas 1941 is well reviewed. If you’re comfortable with some players being at peace at the start, that is also worth a look. Starts like round 3 of 1940.

Although if you prefer the simplicity of everyone fighting right away, go to g42!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m