• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Can you Non Combat Move a naval unit, into a seazone where there are hostile Naval Units?

For Example, In Sz110 of Global, the Seazone between England and France, Say there is a British Navy.  A Bat, an acc, a fgt, a sub and a dst.

In an audacious gambit Germany opts to builds 2 acc’s and a dst to place from the Factory in Normandy, into Sz110 - Naturally this is a legal move, and local german planes can land on it  at the end of their non combat movement.

However, can I move other Naval units into that Zone? on the Non Combat Movement Phase?  Say a Cruiser and Submarine I have in Sz124 off of Iceland?  Because the rule books states that Seazones cannot be controlled - hence why you can build in hostile sea zones.

And that Said, can I pickup troops in Germany, on a Transport, go through the Denmark straight and also unload those same troops in Normandy during NCM?

And would all this effectively FORCE England to either choose to fight me in sz110 with the units they have there + what they can bring? Or… HAVE to leave and regroup somewhere else?

***** “WAY OUT THERE” THOUGHT WARNING *****
    Which then beg’s the question, if one is England, can they CHOOSE to not attack even though they share the same seazone? and call their movement of 0 a non combat move, as they build and bring in other units there?

• You cannot noncombat naval units into a hostile sea zone.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

But where does it actually say that?

And you are entirely incorrect, you can Non Combat Move your aircraft into hostile seazones, if you are building an acc there.

To make things even worse, why are we even calling a sea zone hostile?  If a seazone cannot be controlled…

• @Gargantua:

But where does it actually say that?

And you are entirely incorrect, you can Non Combat Move your aircraft into hostile seazones, if you are building an acc there.

To make things even worse, why are we even calling a sea zone hostile?  If a seazone cannot be controlled…

In the noncombat section and the section on naval units.

Aircraft are not naval units(the only naval units that can move into a hostile zone are subs if the enemy has no DD’s)

That’s what the rulebook calls it: any zone with enemy surface warships is hostile

• @Gargantua:

***** “WAY OUT THERE” THOUGHT WARNING *****
    Which then beg’s the question, if one is England, can they CHOOSE to not attack even though they share the same seazone? and call their movement of 0 a non combat move, as they build and bring in other units there?

Absolutely not.  on Englands turn they would need to either move from the space with some or all or conduct combat (with whatever remains).

• To clarify what kcdzim said - any move that places it at the end of its move in a hostile territory is a combat move (though I believe submarines can do it as a non-combat move if there isn’t an enemy destroyer).  That would include a move of 0.

• Official Q&A

Calvinhobbesliker, kcdzim and Ruanek (welcome, Ruanek!) are all correct, with one exception.  Subs may make a noncombat movement into a sea zone that contains an enemy destroyer - they just can’t continue moving after they enter such a sea zone.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m