I don’t know what to see about these geniuses, except that they need to use their heads! Ever heard of diving in front of a ball? It stops a line drive in the infield… And up by 4 at the top of the 8th? C’mon! Sigh

Thoughts on the game and what they will happen in the next few days?

GG

• I hope the Texas Rangers can finish off the Yanks. I never thought I would see the Rangers in postion for the World Series.

• @ABWorsham:

I hope the Texas Rangers can finish off the Yanks. I never thought I would see the Rangers in postion for the World Series.

Me either, but I had to buy a Claw & Antlers shirt to celebrate.

Should have been a 4-0 sweep, but they gave that first game away.  Oh well, hopefully they get to put away the series at home for the fans.

I think they might have it tonight.

GG

• @Guerrilla:

I think they might have it tonight.

GG

Are you from the future?  :mrgreen:

No. I just knew. Somehow I did. Now it’s deciding between the Rangers and the Giants.

GG

• @Guerrilla:

No. I just knew. Somehow I did. Now it’s deciding between the Rangers and the Giants.

GG

I wonder what the Vegas odds for the Rangers were this year?

The Rangers have had a magical fun year, started the season with a loosing slump, manager test positive for a drug test, team in bankruptcy, a catcher who is over weight hitting for a cycle.

• @ABWorsham:

@Guerrilla:

GG

The Rangers have had a magical fun year, started the season with a loosing slump, manager test positive for a drug test, team in bankruptcy, a catcher who is over weight hitting for a cycle.

And now they are in the World Series.

• @ABWorsham:

@Guerrilla:

GG

I thought about doing that when my buddy went to Vegas last spring.  He checked the Reds and it was something like 100-1 odds for them, so I imagine it might have been a bit higher?  Not sure though.

@Jermofoot:

@ABWorsham:

@Guerrilla:

GG

I thought about doing that when my buddy went to Vegas last spring.  He checked the Reds and it was something like 100-1 odds for them, so I imagine it might have been a bit higher?  Not sure though.

It was definitely a "what the @!%* type season. I think it was partly the Yankees fault for letting Guerrero and Hamilton hit when they should have walked them, and also for underestimating Cliff Lee vs. their offense.

GG

• @Guerrilla:

@Jermofoot:

@ABWorsham:

@Guerrilla:

GG

I thought about doing that when my buddy went to Vegas last spring.  He checked the Reds and it was something like 100-1 odds for them, so I imagine it might have been a bit higher?  Not sure though.

It was definitely a "what the @!%* type season. I think it was partly the Yankees fault for letting Guerrero and Hamilton hit when they should have walked them, and also for underestimating Cliff Lee vs. their offense.

GG

GG

Guerrero actually has been kind of quiet at the bat, and his stint in right field for the WS has been bad.  However, they walked Hamilton quite a bit, I think more than any other Ranger.

@Jermofoot:

@Guerrilla:

@Jermofoot:

@ABWorsham:

@Guerrilla:

GG

GG

GG

Guerrero actually has been kind of quiet at the bat, and his stint in right field for the WS has been bad.  However, they walked Hamilton quite a bit, I think more than any other Ranger.

They did walk Hamilton quite a bit. When they didn’t though, he was a power house.

GG

• How much is Cliff Lee worth?

• @ABWorsham:

How much is Cliff Lee worth?

Well, I think the Yankees made too large an offer, from a team interest stand point.  He’ll probably be fine through 6 or 7 years, but I wouldn’t commit more than 4, maybe 5.  He’s worth what they’ve offered, but I’m hoping he stays closer to home…although the Rangers will give him a very reasonable offer.

• @Gargantua:

Baseball sucks.

If I had the oppurtunity to play in the world series, I would forfeit.

Taking a dump at 2nd base would be more entertaining.

You’re sounding childish. Why comment on MLB if you think baseball stinks.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m