• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

If my capital falls, I know I have to miss my Purchase/Repair units phase.  And therefore cannot repair tipped ships.

No Problem.

But what happens when London Falls? And I still have a tipped aircraft carrier in the atlantic?

Can I go to EUS and repair it because I still have India? Or do I literally have to sail it onto the Pacific board for it to get repaired?

Plz help thx.

• Another loophole!

Technically, since India is still yours, you still do your purchase/repair phase. Thus, you can still repair ships.

• Do the rules literally say to skip the Purchase / repair phase? (i ask because i don’t have a rulebook at hand here)

If not, the purchase phase only has no effect because there is no cash to be spent, and the repair phase is still there.

• @special:

Do the rules literally say to skip the Purchase / repair phase? (i ask because i don’t have a rulebook at hand here)

If not, the purchase phase only has no effect because there is no cash to be spent, and the repair phase is still there.

Hes. In fact, it says skip all but combat move, conduct combat, and noncombat phases

• auch, that is hard  :-(

• @special:

auch, that is hard  :-(

I’m hoping that this is not the spirit of the rules and that they copy/pasted the rules of capital capture without considering the addition of repairing to a phase that was eliminated in all previous games.  I find it hard to believe this won’t be errataed to say repair is it’s own phase and isn’t skipped.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@special:

Do the rules literally say to skip the Purchase / repair phase? (i ask because i don’t have a rulebook at hand here)

Hes. In fact, it says skip all but combat move, conduct combat, and noncombat phases

Very good point, Calvin. Oh, the pain of losing a Capital.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

So in other words no one knows?

• @Gargantua:

If my capital falls, I know I have to miss my Purchase/Repair units phase.  And therefore cannot repair tipped ships.

No Problem.

But what happens when London Falls? And I still have a tipped aircraft carrier in the atlantic?

Can I go to EUS and repair it because I still have India? Or do I literally have to sail it onto the Pacific board for it to get repaired?

Plz help thx.

Like mentioned above the UK won’t miss its Repair/Purchase phase since it still possesses 1 capital (Calcutta) thus it will be able to repair ships.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m