• TripleA

Hey.  Looking to find a group in the Nanaimo BC area for Global or other AA games.

Nick

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I am in Vic - willing to drive.  If you need just 1 more for your group or want a 1v1.

That or come out for a serious Global Match to the mainland on November 11th…  I can give you a ride, or find you a place to stay (Unless you have your own ideas for other arrangements).

We are hoping for a full 7 plyr slate of experienced individuals. (UK 2 seperate plyrs.) Have 5 so far.

PM me if you’re interested.

• TripleA

Sweet I’ll keep that in mind.  Couldn’t make the last one you PM’d me about, but the November 11th just might work.  Might have a second that can come as well.

fire me your Email address over a PM.

I am putting together an Email group for the game, so everyone knows the score of the where’s and whens. Any rule clarifications (Tech with or without) etc. And potentially set the teams.

email me at joelg_88@hotmail.com if that’s better than a PM.

• TripleA

Not going going to be able to make this game.

Bump for anyone else in the area however.

• Hi, I’m in BC. Kelowna though. Do you ever come this way, or do you know of anyone who plays in the area?

Thanks

• TripleA

Up.

• TripleA

Up.

Hey, are we ever going to play a game?

Or am I just not allowed over?

I even have pieces for you!

• I live in the Penticton area, our group is looking for some more players. We’ve played a few games of 1942, a few of Pac 40 and we just got Europe 40.

I’m trying to get some of my old friends in the Vancouver area to play, might have a group together by summer sometime for a game.

What setup do you guys play? OOB or Alpha 2?

OOB is junk. Alpha +2 with Optional German sub rule, and 50/50 tech.

How big is your Pen group?  What kind of place do you have to play?  I wouldn’t be oppossed to coming out for a game, on 2 conditions.

A. How long do we have to play?

B. is there a place to sleep? The drive is a good 3 hours from my home town on the mainland - Abbotsford.  Hmm, There are probably CHEAP motels out there.

Lastly, What is the skill level like of your group? and how many players?  If you like, and you think your team is good enough (2 or 3 of ya)  we could do a crew fight.  My team vs yours, sides picked before hand - with optional rules sorted.  We can pick a day/weekend.  Set it all up.    Each side will have some time to decide on their strategies and focus.  And we’ll see what kind of game we get. :P

P.S. My team plays for fun, we don’t let rule arguements and legalism get in the way of enjoyment of the game.  Hope you are the same.

• Our group is 3 players and teaching a 4th, one claims to have a thousand games of an old global board under his belt, he had an old computer game of it he said.
    collectively we have all the axis boards except anniversary.
    after a few global games with the new board we should be very good, my two friends are used to the board with tech. though i’m not.

All of us have lots of room to setup and guest rooms, no dedicated game room though.
    We usually take a whole day to play, breakfast to 4 in the morning if it takes that long.

We should talk on the phone about setting up a game sometime, as “AA.ORG’s Villian” do we have anything to worry about?

I’ll print off the Alpha +2 rules and look up the optional sub rule and 50/50 tech

I have 4 friends in Chilliwack, Aldergrove and Vancouver who are interested in playing. I was going to set them all up with triplea and the 1942 map and then move onto big world 1942. so it will be summer before they are ready for a good face to face game.

My friends are all fun loving and would not fight about the rules, I’ll get them used to Alpha +2 setup.

though i was itching to set up a 10 production factory in Korea as US to stomp Japan…
    I’ll never let Japan go hog wild, my friends prefer to stomp Germany first.

I just sent you a PM

Looking forward to setting up our game!

Talk to you soon.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m