• '10

:-D          tripleA is the best thing going!

http://tripleawarclub.org/

• '10

I agree McLovin. I think it looks looks brilliant, bit the A.I. is very easy. At the end of a game it says something about novice level, but I don’t see ahywhere else to change it before or during the game.

I’ve tried a game with triplea, but the controls were a little clunky to me. Not use to it yet, but having a save feature is very nice. I sometimes can’t tell the units apart on triplea though, and couldn’t figure out loading transports at all. Would also be nicer if the maps did look a little more like the original, but that’s not a gamebreaker to me.

If they get the A.I. straight and add a save feature I’ll be playing very often.

• '10

Played another triplea game, and much better this time. Don’t know what I was doing with the transports the first time, but had no problem with them this time. The A.I. is much better than gametable’s, but gametable’s map is much nicer.

Both are great for me because I can’t find anyone to play in real life. I mean, it takes 2-3 hours just to play A.I. on a computer. Can’t find anyone with that much time anymore.

• Anyone want to play a gametable game.

I am new to online, played board game for a long time.

Is “triplea” more active and do they have revised on triplea.

Is this the triplea people refer to?  tripleawarclub.org

I don’t think it has revised.

• Replying to myself.  I installed tripleA and I then was talked through how to add revised addition.  I am now learning that interface.  I like gametable better so I could play someone there now while I learn AAA.

tdfxman@yahoo.com is my email.

• Just as a heads up, all A&A games on gametableonline.com are free of bugs and stuff now. That was just for beta testing to work out all those kinks. I play it all the time now on there. Subscription is cheap too: $4.00 a month for unlimited Play By E-mail of all games on the site.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Just a heads up… Triple A is awesome and costs NOTHING, has ALL versions, customizable options, and multiple methods of play!

Not to mention about 100 other games like Fortress America etc…  You need to try it too!

• @Gargantua:

Just a heads up… Triple A is awesome and costs NOTHING, has ALL versions, customizable options, and multiple methods of play!

Not to mention about 100 other games like Fortress America etc…  You need to try it too!

I play both and they are completely different experiences:

GTO

• Focus on Revised and Spring 1942 (only has those)
    • A LOT more competitive than TripleA
    • A much bigger player base and player ranking
    • Has timers to speed up play
    • Much less features (no edit function, no costumization, etc)
    • Official engine - uses all A&A artwork, etc.

TripleA

• Has more than 100 games, including all strategic Axis and Allies
    • Smaller player base and dispersed through the different games (World At War, New World Order, etc.)
    • No way to penalize droppers/stallers (on GTO you get assigned automatic wins for your ranking)
    • Completely moddable and costumizable
    • With the exception of original maps made by developers all other games are clones of commercial ones.

• So I HAVE seen you on the other site. I thought your Profile Pic looked familiar.

I do prefer Gametable’s accurate maps. Still hoping for 1940 to show on on there; maybe there will be a better chance with the 2nd edition coming out…

• @TheVenocWarlord:

So I HAVE seen you on the other site. I thought your Profile Pic looked familiar.

I do prefer Gametable’s accurate maps. Still hoping for 1940 to show on on there; maybe there will be a better chance with the 2nd edition coming out…

GTO forums? Yeah, that’s me too :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m