• Thinking about the neutral countries I found a good looking option for Ger. forces in Fin-Nor.

DefendingFin- Nor. T2 they can usualy kill 2 Russ. inf.when they come around with 3 tanks + 3-4 inf

Occupating Sweden cost Ger. 3IPC but its possible two add some fighters in conterattacks now (2 inf, 1tank, 5fighters, 1bmb will usualy give 4 hits just in first battleround)

Depending allied moves G. has choices T2 to attack a large allied force and to reconquer norway for another 2 IPC or to hit and run or to attack little forces just with 1-2 inf and airunits switching Fin-Nor. and keeping the tank alive till T3-5.

In any case the allies has much more trouble with skandinavien forces I think. What do you think?

• Interesting Idea. I suspect you would do this with Russia Restricted and/or when Russia chooses not to attack Norway T1. I personally wouldn’t do it and here’s why:

You might be able to destroy a USSR inf that way if they just walk in T2 with 1-2 inf, but I doubt they would do that. I don’t think it will be worth the 3 IPCs as the Brits and Americans (and maybe the Russians too if they really want Norway before UK or US for the long-term IPC benefit) will be invading Norway with a large enough force remaining that you wouldn’t be able to take Norway back. Only 4 inf provides a 80% chance that Norway will hold against the troops now in Sweden, and if Germany attacks with the full airforce as you describe, 12 inf (and the allies should be pumping this into Norway by turn 4 at the latest) provides a 70% chance of holding with losses to your invaluable airforce (some of which may have already happened if you did the classic destruction of the British navy in T1). In fact if I was the US or UK, I wouldn’t even bother to attack your troops in Sweden as I would have overwhelming inf in Norway that I would be better off not interupting the building of Karelia’s defense.

As Germany you need to be looking at what you can do with the German airforce against Russia (possibly taking Ukrane if left weakly defended) and working against any stray Allied transports (8 IPCs :D ). All I am saying here is that the use of the airforce in Norway as you describe could have some opportunity cost that you miss.

By spending 3 IPCs to take Sweden, you might save 4 IPCs, but you might lose a fighter (12 IPC’s) or not take a transport (8 IPC’s).

I think the best use of these forces, if you can’t get them out of Norway or don’t wish to invade Karelia all-out, both of which are impracticle to do, is to make the Allies fight them (costing the Allies at least some inf on the way to defend Karelia).

• Interesting idea. Mainly a time waster for the Allies, making them hunt you down in Sweden or face the threat of a (weak) counterstroke in Norway at any time. Certainly would be fun to see their faces when you do it! :o

Mainly I just wanted to say that the word “occupate” in the heading is totally cool. I can imagine all sorts of new trash-talk…

“First I’m gonna occupate Sweden! Then I’m gonna eliminate Norway! THEN I’m gonna activate your dental plan!!!”

Ozone27

• it whould be good idea to sink all UK-trsp, cause US-AA.
    place bmb in easterneurope to, cause russian-AA maybe to

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m