• This is a place where you can put all your Japan strategies for the community. Please state what set up you are using.

• OOB setup. The key to this strategy is deception, luck, and adhering to the noncombat movements suggested. 
    J1. Buy 3 trans. and 1 art.
        Noncombat, take AA and Inf from Carolines and leave them on an unguarded tran within easy striking distance of the UK or ANZAC. Divide your fleet into 2 halves. Position 1 in SZ 33 and the other in SZ 20 (make sure to leave the unguarded tran out of either group, and that the rest of the trans. end up in SZ 20) . Move all Manchurian troops into Jehol, and make sure that the art originally in Jehol stays in Jehol. Keep carriers fully loaded, and position all other planes in Kiangsi. Leave 1 bomber in Siam by itself. The goal of this is to coax the UK or ANZAC into attacking you in their first turn. If they don’t then abandon this strategy, but if they do, then read on.
    J2. Buy planes.
        Combat, take the 3 trans. from SZ 6 and invade British Columbia with 3 inf and 3 art. This will not drag U.S. into war since UK or ANZAC attacked you first.
        Noncombat, take the 2 trans. from SZ 20 and use them to move 2 art. to Japan. Rendezvous the entire Japanese navy and air force in Japan.
    J3. Buy bombers.
        Noncombat, use trans. from Japan to move 2 inf and 2 art to British Columbia. Move the rest of the Japanese fleet to SZ 1 and move all planes to British Columbia.
    J4. Buy fits the situation.
        Combat, attack U.S. with 5 inf 5 art plus ALL of your planes including the bombers you purchased last turn (these will land in British Columbia)

Good luck with this! This strategy certainly has its faults, I designed it merely to provide the Japanese player with the highest chance of capturing the U.S. It will only work properly if UK or ANZAC attack Japan on the first turn. If you find ways to tweak and improve it, feel free to do so. Criticism is welcome so long as it’s all delivered in a respectful way. I’m only 16, I don’t have time to waste arguing on the internet. A tip for this strategy is good acting. Make the allied player believe that it was a genuine mistake on your part to leave an unguarded bomber and fully loaded transport.

• @warwinner:

OOB setup. The key to this strategy is deception, luck, and adhering to the noncombat movements suggested. 
    J1. Buy 3 trans. and 1 art.
        Noncombat, take AA and Inf from Carolines and leave them on an unguarded tran within easy striking distance of the UK or ANZAC. Divide your fleet into 2 halves. Position 1 in SZ 33 and the other in SZ 20 (make sure to leave the unguarded tran out of either group, and that the rest of the trans. end up in SZ 20) . Move all Manchurian troops into Jehol, and make sure that the art originally in Jehol stays in Jehol. Keep carriers fully loaded, and position all other planes in Kiangsi. Leave 1 bomber in Siam by itself. The goal of this is to coax the UK or ANZAC into attacking you in their first turn. If they don’t then abandon this strategy, but if they do, then read on.
    J2. Buy planes.
        Combat, take the 3 trans. from SZ 6 and invade British Columbia with 3 inf and 3 art. This will not drag U.S. into war since UK or ANZAC attacked you first.
        Noncombat, take the 2 trans. from SZ 20 and use them to move 2 art. to Japan. Rendezvous the entire Japanese navy and air force in Japan.
    J3. Buy bombers.
        Noncombat, use trans. from Japan to move 2 inf and 2 art to British Columbia. Move the rest of the Japanese fleet to SZ 1 and move all planes to British Columbia.
    J4. Buy fits the situation.
        Combat, attack U.S. with 5 inf 5 art plus ALL of your planes including the bombers you purchased last turn (these will land in British Columbia)

Good luck with this! This strategy certainly has its faults, I designed it merely to provide the Japanese player with the highest chance of capturing the U.S. It will only work properly if UK or ANZAC attack Japan on the first turn. If you find ways to tweak and improve it, feel free to do so. Criticism is welcome so long as it’s all delivered in a respectful way. I’m only 16, I don’t have time to waste arguing on the internet. A tip for this strategy is good acting. Make the allied player believe that it was a genuine mistake on your part to leave an unguarded bomber and fully loaded transport.

this strat requires a pretty naive allied player, or at least an unexperienced one, so i wouldn’t count on it to work too much. Against an eager newbie it might work though. Once ;)

i’d advise you to give your transport a minimal protection (a destroyer will do fine). That makes it more genuine.

Also make sure you move them to a useful spot in case they don’t attack (somewhere in the DEI would probably be best), so if they don’t bite (they probably won’t unless they’re too hungry for action), they will at least face a dilemma (stop you from taking something interesting in your next turn, or letting you do your thing which might harm them)

• If they don’t take the bait, the only thing you’ve invested in is transports and an art, both of which can be utilized on the mainland. However, if they do take the bait, then this strategy should increase your chances of taking San Fran. I’ve used it on my father (a very experienced A&A player) The thing about this strategy is that you can NEVER use it on the same player twice, as a competent player will NEVER take the bait again. I made it basically as a one time shot. It’s easier to pull off in person, because it makes it easier to “plant” the idea in your opponents head. I appreciate the input though. The minimal protection for the transport to make the ploy more convincing is a good idea.

• The 2nd time you’ll have free access for your transporter ;)

• Japan can win(will win) through smart playering and brute force…so not sure why you need to come up with one shot ways to win things.

• '10

@warwinner:

J2. Buy planes.

This means war.

Look into the pacific 1940 rules. The moment Japanese units claim an “american” territory the U.S. are at war.

• @marechallannes:

@warwinner:

J2. Buy planes.

This means war.

Look into the pacific 1940 rules. The moment Japanese units claim an “american” territory the U.S. are at war.

When it saya “American,” it means “owned by US.” Nice try, though.

• actually the us can enter war if any territory in n. america is captured.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m