Getting attacked inside the Denmark Straight from Norway

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@MaherC:

Yes, I’m talking about TripleA when I say AAA.

Didn’t say it was WOTCs fault that we have lives?   Except in that we paid for something that is broken.   If I wanted to MAKE a game, I would have done so.   I BOUGHT one.

Sigh, I broke my own rules for talking to you on the forums, once again you and your 4000 posts will merely default to your basic ideas, that LH and WOTC are our gods, and we must do their bidding, and I also forgot that my group has been playing AA since before you were born.  This isn’t an attack on you, just again you have a different viewpoint from mine about freetime.  I do not lock myself in my room with a 12pk of pepsi and play with myself to see what I can do to fix the game.   We get 8 hours off from the wifes/kids/responsibilities of the world and would like to crack a beer and see if we can usher in the 1000 year reich.   Not see how many more planes we need to add to the German setup to make it fun.

I have over 5000 posts, not 4000. I also have a life. I am a junior with 4 AP classes and a college class. I don’t have 12 hrs/day free time to play AA

Shut up nerd.

• I am going to have to think long and hard how to stop US from Getting Norway because once they do and have a major complex there building fleet inside the straight means Germany has to pretty much fall back to it’s capital.

I don’t think a fleet in the Baltic will work because US bombers could crush it.

• @MaherC:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@MaherC:

Yes, I’m talking about TripleA when I say AAA.

Didn’t say it was WOTCs fault that we have lives?  Except in that we paid for something that is broken.  If I wanted to MAKE a game, I would have done so.  I BOUGHT one.

Sigh, I broke my own rules for talking to you on the forums, once again you and your 4000 posts will merely default to your basic ideas, that LH and WOTC are our gods, and we must do their bidding, and I also forgot that my group has been playing AA since before you were born.  This isn’t an attack on you, just again you have a different viewpoint from mine about freetime.  I do not lock myself in my room with a 12pk of pepsi and play with myself to see what I can do to fix the game.  We get 8 hours off from the wifes/kids/responsibilities of the world and would like to crack a beer and see if we can usher in the 1000 year reich.  Not see how many more planes we need to add to the German setup to make it fun.

I have over 5000 posts, not 4000. I also have a life. I am a junior with 4 AP classes and a college class. I don’t have 12 hrs/day free time to play AA

Shut up nerd.

I would have thought that nerds would be more experienced with AA and understand the math behind it.

• Calvin, take a break from the forums and please come up with the super axis strat that shows this game isn’t broken/unbalanced.  use OOB setup.  K thx.

• @MaherC:

Calvin, take a break from the forums and please come up with the super axis strat that shows this game isn’t broken/unbalanced.  use OOB setup.  K thx.

Sorry, I only play alpha now.

Besides, there is no “super axis strat” since everything a country does depends on the moves of other countries.

• In this game, more than in any other, one has to react to their opponent’s move

• The United States is the thing that breaks this game wide open. Until the US gets in, the Axis are pushing forward slowly but steadily. When the US gets there, they tend to cave in.  I think if we want to suggest fixes we should look at reducing US income, forces or capabilities in some way. I realize that historically our production was the same or even higher, and historically with the US in the war the Axis didn’t have much of a chance. To give the Axis a chance, we need to change history.

We could reduce the wartime bonus and/or the income from the original territories. We could make rules such as the U.S. may not build any new factories or may not collect income from liberated territories. We could restrict the territories on which the US may land or rule that the US must split its money between theaters in some way. We could even say that until the US is at war, it may purchase but make no non-combat movements (I like this last idea the best). Players could potentially bid for control of the Allies by accepting higher levels of restriction on the US.

As a side note, what’s with all the hostility on this thread? If someone bothers you just ignore them. All they are is words on a computer screen.

• The Axis need to not move slow! Turn one and even two have the allies stuck in predictable positions. Exploit it or any mistakes they have made.

Example. With Japan dont build your major factory some place close and safe like Manchuria. Plan on someplace far away close to your enemies and difficult for the allies to get to.

With Germany make the Brits cower for fear of Sealion. They screw the pooch and build in South Africa turn 1, leave or loose that transport in Canada or take that tac bomber into the Med make tham pay and own England.

If Russia pushes hem 18inf on Japan kill them. Seven or eight land units and your air force open Siberia.

The Axis have the iniative. The Allies can loose India and England if they mess anything up. Australia if Japan is interested.

It just takes longer to figure out where and when the Allies aren’t strong.

Example. If their navy lives Italy can take Egypt. Assuming England lives they can build a couple mech and a tank a turn is south africa. Is that worth fighting? Maybe if you can isolate and kill them. Moving your eight or so units from Egypt east sure pressures the Russians on another front while the Brits are just driving through the sand.

I do admit it is difficult to be the Axis. First time i ed the Russian infantry stack i thought i had won the game. Oops. Just dont give up yet. Easy is not fun.

• After the allies have played a couple of games they should be smart enough to not lose England and India early.  Or if they do lose England they will have made Germany pay so many points to get it that in my view it is probably not worth it considering US will get it back and Russia will get huge.

They can do the Italy Navy raid and still build 9 inf in England.  That puts Italy in a bad position in Africa.  That being said my friend and I have had a gentlemen’s agreement to not do the Italy Navy raid because by not doing it we have had more competitive games.

After one game of losing those 18 Russian Inf early an allied opponent will never do that again.  They will fall back when neccesary and move forward when the oppurtunity presents itself.

I agree with building Japans Major Factory far away such as Malayia but that takes time assuming you are keeping US out of the war as long as possible.

In my view this game favors the allies but I am playing the axis and working on trying to figure a way out to win this thing.

• Has anyone tried going hard after Russia with all 3 axis powers? Germany could stall Britain using available subs and air and take the +5 bonus away from Russia. They could do the Romania factory and take Leningrad on turn 3 followed by Stalingrad on turn 4 or 5. Meanwhile, Japan could push into Siberia, building an air base in Manchuria and eliminating the infantry stack on turn 2. They could use their navy to force America into the Pacific while pressing towards Moscow through both Russia and China. By the time America could make landings in Europe, Russia would be penned in and unable to pose a threat, allowing Germany to focus on defending itself with a fairly large economy. If America goes after Japan, Moscow falls earlier.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m