• @marechallannes:

@Blitchga:

As for what SZ I mean when you build out of Berlin I am talking about SZ 114. The transports can easily still get to London and are completely safe from attack until the SU enters the war which shouldn’t be happening if you decide to go after London.

We are talking about UK-strategies and possibilities to knock out german transports.

Does not matter if the transports go for Russia or UK.

But in SZ 114 the transports aren’t a danger for UK, but save from UK air strikes, that’s right.

Forget it. You are obviously not listening and so it doesn’t matter. Move on and if we ever play I will show you. I could spend time tearing apart your transport attacks or we can move on.

• @Blitchga:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I assume you build a Tr, inf, and tank in Quebec a turn? Does this start after US enters war?

Sort of I try to get two transports going and then I simply build two infantry for the transports and a destroyer a turn (IPC permitting as the 3 units for the Unions of South Africa are more important)

I will also take the transport that is in Canada and immediately move to take Brazil on UK2. I find that two IPC and 3 infantry to be much more useful for the UK player than the US, especially since the US has to wait until war has been declared to take Brazil.

I thought US could take Brazil right away? Am I misreading the rules on Neutral Nations?

• @dgood:

@Blitchga:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I assume you build a Tr, inf, and tank in Quebec a turn? Does this start after US enters war?

Sort of I try to get two transports going and then I simply build two infantry for the transports and a destroyer a turn (IPC permitting as the 3 units for the Unions of South Africa are more important)

I will also take the transport that is in Canada and immediately move to take Brazil on UK2. I find that two IPC and 3 infantry to be much more useful for the UK player than the US, especially since the US has to wait until war has been declared to take Brazil.

I thought US could take Brazil right away? Am I misreading the rules on Neutral Nations?

You can’t quite reach a sea zone nest to Brazil 3 spaces from Z106.

• @dgood:

US has to wait until it is in the war.

• I’m not a fan of an attack on the Italian fleet turn one.  In my opinion it exposes your only real assets to too much danger right off the bat.  If the dice go poorly, then your in a bad way.  If the dice are anything less than super-fantstic then the german airforce can finish off the job next turn.

For me, the UK is in it for the long haul and position is far more important.  In the game I’m playing now the UK lost all the atlantic navy for no plane losses and germany protected it’s fleet but built no transports.  The UK fleet turn one moved everything to sz 88, built a trans in sz 106 inf/art in SAfrica and 5 inf to defend the UK against a G2 attack “on the cheap”.  The egypt CR and SA DD navy went to the pacific, trading places with some indian planes and taking iraq.  This positioning enabled an air strike at the italina dmg BB/CR that took out the french, and the whole fleet moved to sz 92 on turn two threatening a depleted Italian navy.  With steady inf/art builds italy is forced to take egypt hard and build navy to defend against my possible attack on their navy.  So in 2 turns of counterstrikes and the italians will be completely gone from north africa, or if they get reinforced from the italian transports on their next turn, then they will have left the safety on their builing sea zones and finished off.  All because of patience and positioning.  The 3 transports, fully loaded comming from brazil to threaten the underbelly will seal the deal and new navy to maintain power if the italians hold back and build boats can come from SA or Canada.  All that is with 2 turns of pacific building and the Jap fleet is being stoof off, not wanting to attack a BB 2CR 5DD 2subs and 3ftrs.  The UK is a great power to play especially if you’re crafty and patient.

• @kungfujew:

I’m not a fan of an attack on the Italian fleet turn one.  In my opinion it exposes your only real assets to too much danger right off the bat.  If the dice go poorly, then your in a bad way.  If the dice are anything less than super-fantstic then the german airforce can finish off the job next turn.

For me, the UK is in it for the long haul and position is far more important.  In the game I’m playing now the UK lost all the atlantic navy for no plane losses and germany protected it’s fleet but built no transports.  The UK fleet turn one moved everything to sz 88, built a trans in sz 106 inf/art in SAfrica and 5 inf to defend the UK against a G2 attack “on the cheap”.  The egypt CR and SA DD navy went to the pacific, trading places with some indian planes and taking iraq.  This positioning enabled an air strike at the italina dmg BB/CR that took out the french, and the whole fleet moved to sz 92 on turn two threatening a depleted Italian navy.  With steady inf/art builds italy is forced to take egypt hard and build navy to defend against my possible attack on their navy.  So in 2 turns of counterstrikes and the italians will be completely gone from north africa, or if they get reinforced from the italian transports on their next turn, then they will have left the safety on their builing sea zones and finished off.  All because of patience and positioning.  The 3 transports, fully loaded comming from brazil to threaten the underbelly will seal the deal and new navy to maintain power if the italians hold back and build boats can come from SA or Canada.  All that is with 2 turns of pacific building and the Jap fleet is being stoof off, not wanting to attack a BB 2CR 5DD 2subs and 3ftrs.  The UK is a great power to play especially if you’re crafty and patient.

Yes, patience (and not waisting resources) can pay off.

It’s something i am still learning: not to become too hasty and rush into things (as Allies). And now with the political rules that can keep a power out of the war for several turns, it is even more tempting to overrush things and throwing money down the bottom of the ocean.

I’ve always been hesitant to take Brasil with UK though (i suppose because of the idea that if London falls then those 2 IPC’s are lost until UK is liberated again. Then again, UK can indeed use the money - and troops - better than the USA)

• @kungfujew:

I’m not a fan of an attack on the Italian fleet turn one.  In my opinion it exposes your only real assets to too much danger right off the bat.  If the dice go poorly, then your in a bad way.  If the dice are anything less than super-fantstic then the german airforce can finish off the job next turn.

The only planes that can counter in Z93 are 1 ftr and 1 tac, right?

What exactly do you build in the Pacific in 2 turns to get that? 3 DD and 2 SS alone are 36 ipcs, more than what India can build in 2 turns. And where does the 3rd ftr come from? Did you build it, or are you using OOB setup?

• We’re using the OOB rules.  UK finished turn two with japan not yet at war.
    BB/CR/DD to start, the eygpt CR+africa DD, 2 DD build first turn and a DD/2sub buy second turn.  India is short on men, but with an IC in west india to pump out inf/ftrs/warships and 27 IPC’s in UKpacific’s bank, it’s not going to be an issue (hopefully).

Yes, only a ftr/tac can attack but idealy there will have been hits by the french fleet to take advantage of.  The whole point is that as the UK you can be everywhere, but not strong anywhere really… If you set up areas of influence that overlap you can set up kill zones where multiple forces can coverge to greater result.  The game, by nature of using dice, will create opportunities to strike.  The key is being well positioned to turn your fewer availiable forces to maximum effect.  As the UK any time you seize the initiative you have severely hampered the axis as time is only a friend to the US.  Italy is reacting to me.  Japan is reacting to me.  Germany, which is pushing hard at the russians can turn and force me to react to threats from them, but if they do that they’re also reaxting to me.  So I’ve bought africa and the US pacific at least a turn.  If Germany changes it’s plans the that’s much needed help to russia as well.

• @kungfujew:

We’re using the OOB rules.  UK finished turn two with japan not yet at war.
    BB/CR/DD to start, the eygpt CR+africa DD, 2 DD build first turn and a DD/2sub buy second turn.  India is short on men, but with an IC in west india to pump out inf/ftrs/warships and 27 IPC’s in UKpacific’s bank, it’s not going to be an issue (hopefully).

Yes, only a ftr/tac can attack but idealy there will have been hits by the french fleet to take advantage of.  The whole point is that as the UK you can be everywhere, but not strong anywhere really… If you set up areas of influence that overlap you can set up kill zones where multiple forces can coverge to greater result.  The game, by nature of using dice, will create opportunities to strike.  The key is being well positioned to turn your fewer availiable forces to maximum effect.  As the UK any time you seize the initiative you have severely hampered the axis as time is only a friend to the US.  Italy is reacting to me.  Japan is reacting to me.  Germany, which is pushing hard at the russians can turn and force me to react to threats from them, but if they do that they’re also reaxting to me.  So I’ve bought africa and the US pacific at least a turn.  If Germany changes it’s plans the that’s much needed help to russia as well.

I see now. However, is the ftr in Alex able to join with the tac on the carrier? I don’t think so.

Can you link me to the game you’re talking about?

• The tac went back to england for defence and a tac and ftr flew 110 normandy,Sfrance,93 (attack and mutual destruction), could have landed on CV sz 92.  The game is listed under Multi G40

• Sorry, that’s G40 Multi.  :)

• @kungfujew:

Sorry, that’s G40 Multi.  :)

I figured
    :roll:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m