• We all know that if Germany goes for Sealion, UK should build inf in the capital. However, if UK is not under threat, what is your UK Europe strat?

Mine is as follows(Assuming Alpha Setup):
    UK1 buys 2 tanks and 2 DDs.
    Attack Taranto, take Ethiopia with inf and art from India and inf from Sudan plus bombardment. Activate Persia with Z98 transport. Retreat all alex forces to Egypt and put the ANZAC inf as a blocker in Alex, especially if the Taranto transport survives. Move infs to Rhodesia and build 2 tanks SAF, 2 DD off Canada

UK2:
    Buy 2-3 tanks and 1-2 DD or 1 bmr
    Attack Kenya or Italian Somaliland with inf, art, bombardment. Retake Jordan if necessary and retreat Egypt forces into Sudan unless they can safely counter Alex. Bring 2 inf, 2 tanks to Congo. Build tanks in SAf. From now on, trade Egypt with tanks taking 2 turns to get to Egypt from South Africa. The US should eventually arrive and alleviate your pressure.

• If germany is hell bent to destroy russia first,then fly planes to russia

• @qwertyuiop:

If germany is hell bent to destroy russia first,then fly planes to russia

What air route do I use? Unless I build an airbase in Scotland, moving planes to Russia is impossible

• you just answered it

• @qwertyuiop:

you just answered it

Is it worth 15 of my ipcs?

• The russians might think so, do you want them to fall?

• '10

What do you mean with: “Taranto” :?

• @marechallannes:

What do you mean with: “Taranto” :?

Attack the BB and CC in Z95 with a DD, tac in Z91, the alex ftr and the Z98 cruiser

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Attack Taranto, take Ethiopia with inf and art from India and inf from Sudan plus bombardment. Activate Persia with Z98 transport. Retreat all alex forces to Egypt and put the ANZAC inf as a blocker in Alex, especially if the Taranto transport survives. Move infs to Rhodesia and build 2 tanks SAF, 2 DD off Canada

A smart Germany and Italian player have just taken your capital. If I see the UK build anything less than 9 land units in London AND if they do not bring the carrier and destroyer north to home waters then I will respond by building enough transports on G2 with all my extra cash and laugh as London can only bolster themselves with 10 land units before I take their capital. If they block well then Italy can easily take out a destroyer, cruiser or whatever block they have surviving after G2. (Italy in our games tends to almost always build a fighter on I1)

UK buy of less than 9 land units on UK1 and a failure to bring as much available fleet to the north Atlantic is a good recipe for a German occupied London.

• @Blitchga:

@calvinhobbesliker:

A smart Germany and Italian player have just taken your capital. If I see the UK build anything less than 9 land units in London AND if they do not bring the carrier and destroyer north to home waters then I will respond by building enough transports on G2 with all my extra cash and laugh as London can only bolster themselves with 10 land units before I take their capital. If they block well then Italy can easily take out a destroyer, cruiser or whatever block they have surviving after G2. (Italy in our games tends to almost always build a fighter on I1)

UK buy of less than 9 land units on UK1 and a failure to bring as much available fleet to the north Atlantic is a good recipe for a German occupied London.

I am well aware of Sealion. However, if you build a carrier, I automatically build 9 ingf in London. if you do not, I will attack your BB and CC if they’re in Z112 or if they’re in Z113(which means some of my fleet has survived), I can bloack it on UK1 or 2, depending on the situation

• @calvinhobbesliker:

We all know that if Germany goes for Sealion, UK should build inf in the capital. However, if UK is not under threat, what is your UK Europe strat?

UK2:
    Buy 2-3 tanks and 1-2 DD or 1 bmr
    Attack Kenya or Italian Somaliland with inf, art, bombardment. Retake Jordan if necessary and retreat Egypt forces into Sudan unless they can safely counter Alex. Bring 2 inf, 2 tanks to Congo. Build tanks in SAf. From now on, trade Egypt with tanks taking 2 turns to get to Egypt from South Africa. The US should eventually arrive and alleviate your pressure.

i like your Canadian DD build (since they can reach subs that cannot reach them)

Me i am inclined to buy 1 sub (which usually ends up before Normandy, grabbing 2 IPC’s a turn from germany, and is usually also not bothered. it may join a larger fleet later, if needed), and some air force (good defence and discourages Germany for a delayed sneeky sealion. ALso generally useful and a preparation for a future AC). the rest really depends on the situation of the moment, but i will probably still build some cheap ground units to feel safe (i’m a paranoid brit)

The DD can of course be combined with teh sub buy.

• This was the issue I was talking about in my other post. There seems to be no way around England not building 9 units on turn one if they want to keep Africa. I mean I appreciate that if you build less than 9 then you can salvage (somewhat) by not doing the Taranto attack.

Do you always buy a carrier G1 then cause otherwise those APs will go poof E2

• Yeah, as a general rule, I build land units in SAf, navy off Canada(since the zones around UK can be hit by german aircraft), and air units in the UK.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Yeah, as a general rule, I build land units in SAf, navy off Canada(since the zones around UK can be hit by german aircraft), and air units in the UK.

i have always wondered if it isn’t better to save money with UK instead of buying stuff and placing it in Canada. (i never actually managed to save much, though)

• @special:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Yeah, as a general rule, I build land units in SAf, navy off Canada(since the zones around UK can be hit by german aircraft), and air units in the UK.

i have always wondered if it isn’t better to save money with UK instead of buying stuff and placing it in Canada. (i never actually managed to save much, though)

Well, the UK is in the action and thus it needs to place its units as soon as possible. UK sea zones won’t be safe for a while, so Canada is used to build ships and move them to Gibraltar or merge with a UK fleet built in Z109 or 110

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@special:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Well, the UK is in the action and thus it needs to place its units as soon as possible. UK sea zones won’t be safe for a while, so Canada is used to build ships and move them to Gibraltar or merge with a UK fleet built in Z109 or 110

Yea… the idea of saving was to poop out a solid fleet in 1 time. But ok, i never managed to really save enough to drop 1 big fleet at once (an equivalent to a merged fleet), due to that time pressure.

That is why things for me would result in some airforce that will land on an AC later, and subs (that can’t be touched unless Germany buys a DD, which it often doesn’t)

That said, i have never seen a sealion not happen (for the few games i have played, that is)

The Canadian DD’s are gonna stick, though. Instant threat, i like it!

• By the way, glad to see some allied strat ideas popping up!

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Blitchga:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I am well aware of Sealion. However, if you build a carrier, I automatically build 9 ingf in London. if you do not, I will attack your BB and CC if they’re in Z112 or if they’re in Z113(which means some of my fleet has survived), I can bloack it on UK1 or 2, depending on the situation

I don’t think you understood my build as Germany. Why build a carrier it is a waist. I can simply build the transports on G2 and then attack London on G3, the carrier most people build on G1 is just a waste of funds.

• @Blitchga:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Blitchga:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I don’t think you understood my build as Germany. Why build a carrier it is a waist. I can simply build the transports on G2 and then attack London on G3, the carrier most people build on G1 is just a waste of funds.

Okay. Where do you build your transports? If in Z112, I sink them(even if you move the BB and CC there). If in Z113 with the BB, CC, my CC in Z112 survived and is retreated for use as a counter or left there to block

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Blitchga:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Blitchga:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Okay. Where do you build your transports? If in Z112, I sink them(even if you move the BB and CC there). If in Z113 with the BB, CC, my CC in Z112 survived and is retreated for use as a counter or left there to block

They are left in the Baltic in SZ 113. Your right you can block on G2. I have no intention of attacking on G2, I simply throw the transports in the water on G2. Then on UK2 they respond by building 10 units in London and blocking, (if any ships are left after G2, G2 is when you finish off any navy in the North Atlantic). If somehow they still have a ship to block before G3 then Italy on I2 can take it out with its 3 fighters, clearing the way to London from SZ113. It is the perfect way to keep UK honest as they will only allow it to happen to them once. It is perfect as well because UK thinks that you are going all Soviet front when you buy a major factory or all land troops on G1 and push towards the Soviet border. Then if the UK did not go hard defense in London you respond with the transports and moving your troops back to the west and taking London since the UK player can only add 10 units to London’s defenses.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m