• Any Panzer General fans out there? I’ve been playing it just over a year, love it…

• I like Panzer General. I have Panzer General 2 and 3 for computer. And I have Panzer General 2 for Playstation one. Very good set of games but I noticed that on the Playstation version the German armor in the later era of the war can be hard to deal with. King Tigers and Panthers G rule!!

• PG is pretty nice: I just love the Jagdtiger and Jagdpanther there.

• I love PG and PG II! Got them somewhere in a box(moved and haven’t finished unpacking.)

Recently got XP/home on my computer. I know PG/PG II work on Windows 95 and 98, but can you tell me if it works on XP/home?

• they should work…

i loved PG and PG II. Now i only play PG 3 and PG 3 scorched earth, they rule :)

miss the spanish campaign from 2 though.

• PG spanish campaign?
    Never heard of that, could you tell more?

• Its the first mission in PG II.

kind of a nice warm up for your troops :)

PG 2 unlike 1 and 3 started out before WW2, and it is also the only one that include the Finland campaign… wee vodka drunk troops in the snow ;)

• '19 Moderator

Wow, only on this site could you find a guy from Germany discussing a WWII video game with a guy from Japan! :lol:

• Panzer General is one of the best war-games (to me), because it is turn-based and not based on how fast you can move your cursor.

I have PG for the PS, and PG Assault 3D for the pc. I actually prefer the PS-game. Maybe because it´s possible to invade the US :P

• One should not forget Combat Mission… great games :D

• Buen,
    Which campaign of PG2: soviet, US or UK? … i must admit i have played it a lot, but never seen any spanish scenario…

(The battle of the bulge rocks when playing two-player)

• Ahhh i understand… you call Allied General for Panzer General 2, but that is NOT true, AG is another line… like Star General, PG II is this game
    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/panzergeneral2/index.html

:)

And if it is the same game… then try playing the germans :)

• Ah, i see…
    seems like i missed that one.
    The graphics look a bit like this PGIII assault thing to me… little shivers
    How well playable is PGII, any major differences to PGI and AG?

• The major change is that there are more areas to fight and it has more of a 3D look than PG and AG (however it is not 3D).

The more technical difference you gotta search out online… because i dont know :)

Still the only good (after PG was PGIII scorched earth) IMHO

but it’s worth a fight or 2 before going back and kicking the russians (or germans) in Kursk, Stalingrad and Leningrad in PGIII SE :)

• Ups above post was me… forgot to log in :oops:

• How well playable is PGII, any major differences to PGI and AG?

In my opinion Panzer General II was the greatest turn based game ever made. :)

The only griped I could have with Panzer General is how much of a advantage of air power can unbalance the game (in which the Allies dominated in real life) and the fact that the scenarios are much too easy. THe UK and US campaign is a breeze and Germany starts off early (in Spain), meaning you get to build a huge army before you get to the later, more difficult missions. The only challenging campaign is Russia, particularly early on.

Also anybody play the expansion to PZII, the Pacific Campaign or something like that?

I never got a chance to play PGIII or PG3D, but this topic revived my interest. :) Anybody have any knowledge to which one is better? :)

• The PG series is awesome - especially PGII. The most difficult campaign of PGII is when you start as Germany in '42 or '43 and you are getting pushed back by the Russians. The Germans have a lot of half-strength units whereas the Russians units are almost all at full strengh. That first battle alone is nearly impossible, with the Russians having all of their tanks lined up just across from yours with all kinds of artillery support for them. Even if you win this one, you get swarmed by Russian tanks and artillery on every mission. If you can win this campaign, you can win any campaign in the game. PGIII is cool but the irritating thing is that you need a commander for every unit you want to buy. In the US campaign you always get a ton of tank commanders and not much else.

• Yeah, the thing about “commanders” in PzIII confuses me a bit. :( But yeah, that German campaign is a tough one, epsecially if you have your IPC take on 50 per town.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m