Sealion sucess and still lose to allies

• I was the Allies and my Father-in-law was axis. He pulls off sealion on his 3rd turn I think. I was not seeing it as a real threat like I should have. Nice move, he held it for the entire game(9 rounds). I never took it back from him and I defeated him with only Russia and USA. He is not the greatest player but he is not that bad. I consider myself good but not great. This is a tough game for the axis to win.

I do have a question though. Why aren’t the major industrial factories located in Berlin and Rome? Why are they in Northern Italy and West Germany? Seems a little off to me.

• @Flying:

I was the Allies and my Father-in-law was axis. He pulls off sealion on his 3rd turn I think. I was not seeing it as a real threat like I should have. Nice move, he held it for the entire game(9 rounds). I never took it back from him and I defeated him with only Russia and USA. He is not the greatest player but he is not that bad. I consider myself good but not great. This is a tough game for the axis to win.

I do have a question though. Why aren’t the major industrial factories located in Berlin and Rome? Why are they in Northern Italy and West Germany? Seems a little off to me.

West germany had more industrial areas. North Italy is the Major, i think, for gameplay reasons

• It’s real b**** when you need to place more than 3 units in your capital to fend off the attack you know that is coming.

I can see why the major is in n. Italy. They should have put the border south of Rome though.

This is a great game though. I love what they have done with nuetrals. Logically sound mechanics. I have yet to play Pacific or Global. Europe by itself rivals AA50. I can’t wait to try to be Axis powers.

• I find it to be a big hurt for the axis to not have majors in their capitals.  The crucial turn before an attack happans they can not build ten units.  To prevent this they can spend 40 points to upgrade both but the allies are not really in a similiar situation anywhere on the map except maybe Austrialia but they are not supposed to be a major power.

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

@Flying:

I was the Allies and my Father-in-law was axis. He pulls off sealion on his 3rd turn I think. I was not seeing it as a real threat like I should have. Nice move, he held it for the entire game(9 rounds). I never took it back from him and I defeated him with only Russia and USA. He is not the greatest player but he is not that bad. I consider myself good but not great. This is a tough game for the axis to win.

Agreed. I just played a game where Gerany pulled off Sealion and the Axis still had their work cut out for them. It’s not the be-all end all.

• @Frank:

I find it to be a big hurt for the axis to not have majors in their capitals.  The crucial turn before an attack happans they can not build ten units.  To prevent this they can spend 40 points to upgrade both but the allies are not really in a similiar situation anywhere on the map except maybe Austrialia but they are not supposed to be a major power.

On the other hand, UK can’t take Germany in its second turn.

Also, Russia isn’t allowed to attack unless attacked and USA is basically starting turn 4. Axis can start when they want to.

Every side has it’s pro’s and con’s.

Edit:  Both germany and Italy have a major Fac right right next to their Minor Fac. They can prepare a good defence.

• Customizer

He held UK all game?  He took away from the Allies $20 - $30 a turn for all that time and still lost?  Imagine how bad it would have been for him had the UK been in the game spending that money all along - right next door … .

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m