• Customizer

Some quick suggestions for improving the historicity and playability of the Global map, starting with the Himalayas region.

Notes:

By “semi-impassable” (Upper Burma) I mean passable only for infantry, as per my suggestion for the Pripet Marsh and other similar zones.  In this case perhaps mech inf can pass, but definitely not tanks.

There is still major distortion due to the map outline, but I think this presents a more realistic picture of this theatre, with the Indian capitol having limited production, but also better protected against Japanese attack.

The Singapore VC replaces Hong Kong, Chungking is new.

Would also consider an airbase in Szechuan which might allow an NA involving flights “over the hump” from Delhi.
    NewHimalayas2.JPG

• How many ipcs does UK start with?

• Are you going too do stuff like this for other parts of global. And what about the set up for this area.

• This is AWESOME! How did you do this? Map looks like OOB.

• Customizer

@calvinhobbesliker:

How many ipcs does UK start with?

On this version it works out:

UK +2
    China +1
    Japan +1

The UK loses the major complex facility in India, but the new capitol is better defended.

The attached file contains my present amendments, I may get round to some more pics presently.

A&Aterritories.xls

• @Flashman:

@calvinhobbesliker:

How many ipcs does UK start with?

On this version it works out:

UK +2
    China +1
    Japan +1

The UK loses the major complex facility in India, but the new capitol is better defended.

The attached file contains my present amendments, I may get round to some more pics presently.

Is it a minor IC now?

• Customizer

Yes, I think even a minor IC is stretching it for India.  If rules allow infantry placement in non-factory areas it’d go altogether.

Here’s a rough draught of the Balkans; I’m allowing “Greater Albania” simply because, with the map distortion, giving Macedonia back to Yugoslavia looks too silly.

I should have added the “Hitler-Stalin line” across the map denoting the secret protocol allowing each other to occupy neutrals on their own side of the line, but not cross it.

Bessarabia as “Pro-Allies” is a bit dodgy, but under existing neutral rules this is the only way it really works.

East Prussia is only really needed for a 1939 scenario, while I think Viborg is too small to matter and distorts the map too much.

I don’t like allowing the Allies to ship units directly into Leningrad via the Arctic, hence the revised border with Archangel.

The Ukraine factory should perhaps be in South Ukraine to allow fleet construction, but distance from other factories makes it look right in Kiev.

Balkansjpeg.JPG

• Flashman you kinda answered one of my my questions but what about the setup for these new places.

• Customizer

Rough proposal for Africa.

Got rid of a lot of silly little tts nobody will bother with, and made transit across central Africa longer.

Suez corrected.

In regards to unit setup, give me a little time with that, though for Africa I’d certainly add an inf to each empty area; if Mozambique can have a 2 inf garrison then surely British and French colonies should have at least this many.

Africajpeg.JPG

• @Flashman:

Rough proposal for Africa.

Got rid of a lot of silly little tts nobody will bother with, and made transit across central Africa longer.

Suez corrected.

In regards to unit setup, give me a little time with that, though for Africa I’d certainly add an inf to each empty area; if Mozambique can have a 2 inf garrison then surely British and French colonies should have at least this many.

Yes, let’s make it even harder to reach Egypt from South Africa

• Customizer

Same distance.

But you can’t land in FEA and have Cairo 2 spaces away.

Quick set-up changes:

Eastern Europe:

G inf from Poland & tank from Romania to East Prussia
    Romania has 3 and Bessarabia 2 defenders
    R Vyborg inf to Leningrad and Karelia
    R Bessarabia inf to Ukraine (south)
    R 2 inf from Baltic States to EP, 1 to Belorussia
    Minor IC and VC in Kiev (north Ukraine), no VC in Poland

Africa: Each tt with an IPC value should have a defender; maybe add an art to IEA for balance

For Asia just place the bulk of UK India forces in Delhi, distribute 1 inf to defend each of EI, Bengal, UB

Eastern Europe Revision:
    Tried putting Macedonia in as a semi-impassable zone for Tito; not sure about this.  Hitler-Stalin line added, includes Baltic sea and Finland.  Forgot that Baltic States were neutral in June '40. Made them Pro-Allied, but only in the sense that Iraq was Pro-Allied…

Balkansjpeg.JPG

• @Flashman:

Same distance.

But you can’t land in FEA and have Cairo 2 spaces away.

Quick set-up changes:

Eastern Europe:

G inf from Poland & tank from Romania to East Prussia
    Romania has 3 and Bessarabia 2 defenders
    R Vyborg inf to Leningrad and Karelia
    R Bessarabia inf to Ukraine (south)
    Minor IC and VC in Kiev (north Ukraine), no VC in Poland

Africa: Each tt with an IPC value should have a defender; maybe add an art to IEA for balance

For Asia just place the bulk of UK India forces in Delhi, distribute 1 inf to defend each of EI, Bengal, UB

Eastern Europe Revision:
    Tried putting Macedonia in as a semi-impassable zone for Tito; not sure about this.  Hitler-Stalin line added, includes Baltic sea and Finland.  Forgot that Baltic States were neutral in June '40.

Huh? You have 5 spaces from SAf-Egypt. OOB has 4

• Customizer

Ah, I was tracing the route through Kenya/Tanganyika which is now 1 tt.  But this should be a long, long land journey.

Anyway, latest idea regarding Winter rules in the Arctic:

The * indicates the White Sea freezing over in winter (i.e. every 4th turn), forcing Allied convoys to use the Murmansk route.  Either way, dropping units straight into Leningrad just seems wrong (as does building a Soviet fleet in the White Sea.)

White Seajpeg.PNG

• @Flashman:

Ah, I was tracing the route through Kenya/Tanganyika which is now 1 tt.  But this should be a long, long land journey.

Anyway, latest idea regarding Winter rules in the Arctic:

The * indicates the White Sea freezing over in winter (i.e. every 4th turn), forcing Allied convoys to use the Murmansk route.  Either way, dropping units straight into Leningrad just seems wrong (as does building a Soviet fleet in the White Sea.)

Even if you use that route, it’s still 5 spaces

• Flashman,
    Really like your revisions of Global map. Just trying to figure out best way to modify existing game board to implement your changes. :?

• Customizer

Just get out your paintbrush and acrylics…

If I can find some actual size scans of the board I might produce some more polished examples.

Including, for IL, authentic roundels for EVERY nation in the game.

Latest: considering a semi-impassable Lapland area in northern Finland.

White Seajpeg.PNG

• Customizer

Central Europe

This gives G & I a couple of extra dollars each.

South Germany now borders France; I suspect this may have been the case originally but produced a problem?

Italian borders corrected.

Central EuropeJpeg.JPG

• Unless you stopped a Sealion strat, they don’t need more money

• Customizer

Latest Stuff

Considering a Persian Corridor to Stalingrad

Athens a VC

NewEuropeJpeg.JPG

• wow your giving the allies a huge advatage in the mid east by giving them iraq , makeing north iran worth 2 and having 2 guys in it and making east iran have1 guys in it

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m