Commonwealth Games Disaster in India 2010

• '10

Hello all!  I’m sure most of my American Friends really don’t know about this…  but has anyone been following the disaster that is the Commonwealth games in India?

It looks like they might even be canceled!!

Very sad considering Canada lost the bid to host them this year to New Delhi.

• Yeah, when I was in India this summer, I read in their newspapers that the country was not ready to host them

• Calvin, you would know more about this than us, but to the uninformed observer this just reinforces perceptions of India as a huge, chaotic mass that can’t accomplish much.

Any observations/points you would like to make? I am truly interested in learning more about India’s potential.

• @reloader-1:

Calvin, you would know more about this than us, but to the uninformed observer this just reinforces perceptions of India as a huge, chaotic mass that can’t accomplish much.

Any observations/points you would like to make? I am truly interested in learning more about India’s potential.

True, India is a developing country. It needs and takes help from the West, including the UK and US, to grow. Of course, it has the 2nd largest population in the world, so they have a lot of people to support. It will be difficult, but it has a lot of potential that can be and is being tapped.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m