And Now a Word From Our Hollywood or Politician Idiots …

• If Woody Were President…

Woody Harrelson said,
    "…what I’d do in Bush’s shoes. Easy: I’d honour Kyoto. Join the world court. I’d stop subsidising earth rapers like Monsanto, Dupont and Exxon. I’d shut down the nuclear power plants. So I already have $200,000,000,000 saved from corporate welfare. I’d save another $100,000,000,000 by stopping the war on non-corporate drugs. I’d cut the defence budget in half so they’d have to get by on a measly $200,000,000,000 a year. I’ve already saved half a trillion bucks by saying no to polluters and warmongers.
    “Then I’d give $300bn back to the taxpayers. I’d take the rest and pay the people teaching our children what they deserve. I’d put $100bn into alternative fuels and renewable energy. I’d revive the Chemurgy movement, which made the farmer the root of the economy, and make paper and fuel from wheat straw, rice straw and hemp. Not only would I attend, I’d sponsor the next Earth Summit. Of course, I’d give myself a fat raise.”
    Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,813189,00.html

Yeah, That Makes Sense.

Woody Harrelson said,
    “The war against terrorism is terrorism.
    The whole thing is just bullsh*t.”
    Source: http://hub.cydonia.net/~srhhold2/christianmusictv/news/woody.htm

Thank you,Woodrow. :roll:
    –-------------------------------------
    See more @
    http://hollywoodhalfwits.com/

• Woody would be a worser president than Carter was :o And I thought that was impossible to find a worser president.

• Janeane Garofalo said,
    “Our country is founded on a sham: our forefathers were slave-owning rich white guys who wanted it their way. So when I see the American flag, I go, ‘Oh my God, you’re insulting me.’ That you can have a gay parade on Christopher Street in New York, with naked men and women on a float cheering, ‘We’re here, we’re queer!’ – that’s what makes my heart swell. Not the flag, but a gay naked man or woman burning the flag. I get choked up with pride.”
    -From a 1998 interview in the now-folded Buzz magazine:
    Source: http://www.hollywoodinvestigator.com/2002/garofalo.htm

Naked Gays Burning the Flag Choke Her up With Pride?

Explaining why she and other anti-war protesters didn’t organize demonstrations
    when President Clinton launched attacks on Iraq, Bosnia, Afghanistan and the Sudan Garofalo said,
    It wasn’t very hip” [to protest Clinton’s Wars].
    Source: http://www.newsmax.com/showinsidecover.shtml?a=2003/2/23/151110

Trendy Protesting of Republicans!

Janeane said,“I don’t know that I would need to be famous as a Middle East policy expert to see that unilateral imperialism is bad policy.”
    Source: http://www.mediaresearch.org/cyberalerts/2003/cyb20030128.asp#4

Scores of Countries Cooperating With the U.S.
    is Not Unilateral — Look it Up

Ms. Garofalo said,
    “Historically the mainstream media has never been particularly friendly to any socially progressive ideas.”

Janeane Garofalo said,
    “They [network news] tend to marginalize it [anti-war protests] by only interviewing the guy dressed as a carrot on stilts or Wavy Gravy. You know what I mean? Like some guy with no teeth and a tie-dyed Grateful Dead shirt, because they want to marginalize it.”

What Planet is She Living On?

" 'Well, we know Saddam has weapons of mass destruction.’ No, we don’t. We do not. We do not know that.”

In Denial?

Ms. Garofalo said,
    “The world would be better off with multiple superpowers.”

and

“Sure [our enemies should be more powerful], when Communist U.S.S.R. was a superpower, the world was better off. The right-wing media is trying to marginalize the peace movement.”
    Source: http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=31259

The World Was Better When the U.S.S.R, Was a Superpower?

THANK YOU HOLLYWOOD!

• I heard a lot of Democrats B**CH (I was one of them :) )about how no matter what Bill Clinton did, as far as a lot of Republicans were concerned, it didn’t matter–it was wrong!

Now I see my fellow liberals doing the EXACT SAME THING TO BUSH!

Now, if you’re a pacifist, I respect that. I think war is a bad thing too. But in the case of Iraq, GW is RIGHT ON (you heard it here first)! I just wish he’d be a little more “diplomatic” in the way he presents things & would try to work things out with our allies with a little softer touch…

I see a lot of Liberals going waaay too far in advancing their ideas. These people need to reexamine their own lives & think about what this country has done for them. If these actors weren’t in the US, or some other democratic, liberal (small “l”) nation, they’d have no right to speak out, and certainly wouldn’t get the millions of $$$ they get for doing practically nothing!!!

Oh, but I guess that’s the US’s fault, too… :x

Anyone who asks a prominent actor or actress their political opinion & takes it more seriously than any other American’s needs to have their head examined…

Ozone27, registered Democrat

• Ohmygod_ohmygod_OHMYGOD!!

The world has come to an end. :o

• @Xi:

Ohmygod_ohmygod_OHMYGOD!!

The world has come to an end. :o

LOL! I’m gonna assume that was positive… :wink: …

Ozone27

• @Xi:

Naked Gays Burning the Flag Choke Her up With Pride?

You invented the burning of the flag. The point she was making is the following:
    Are you proud of symbols of something or the act of something?
    Something could be “freedom to live life like you want” etc.
    It’s not the flag that makes the USA, it’s just a piece of cloured cloth. It’s the ideas behind that flag that make the US: freedom, liberty etc. And she is proud to see that these values still exist.

Ms. Garofalo said,
    “The world would be better off with multiple superpowers.”

The World Was Better When the U.S.S.R, Was a Superpower?

Don’t you think competition makes the competitors better? YOu don’t ? then you must be … a … a… a commie!!! AAAAAAAH Xi is a traitor!! ;) :) :D
    Now sincerly: As long as the USSR existed, the US had to stick to their ideals, and make sure that they are the “better alternative”. It was a better time back then:
    It was better for the world!

• Woo woo! :lol:

• Sheryl Crow said,
    “I think war is based in greed and there are huge karmic retributions that will follow. I think war is never the answer to solving any problems. The best way to solve problems is to not have enemies.”
    Source: http://www.mediaresearch.org/cyberalerts/2003/cyb20030115.asp#7

Das schweinhirn!

• @Xi:

Sheryl Crow said,
    “I think war is based in greed and there are huge karmic retributions that will follow. I think war is never the answer to solving any problems. The best way to solve problems is to not have enemies.”
    Source: http://www.mediaresearch.org/cyberalerts/2003/cyb20030115.asp#7

Das schweinhirn!

This is a Mennonite perspective. In the 1870´s when Russia was impressing Mennonites into the army, we protested as war was not our way. The Russian governor said that if Russia was like the Mennonites then they would have no way of fighting their enemies. The Mennonite contingent pleading their case rebutted that if Russia was like the Mennonites they would have no enemies. The Russian official then admitted that they were right (but would have to fight anyway).
    Oh yeah - i like what WH had to say, but JG is a fool.

• Woody Harrelson said,
    “The war against terrorism is terrorism.
    The whole thing is just bullsh*t.”

And you agree, c_c_? :-?
    Please, elucidate.

• The Menonites(anabaptists) seem to have fled
    their enemies in Europe to set up
    communities in the Americas. :wink:

• @Xi:

The Menonites(anabaptists) seem to have fled
    their enemies in Europe to set up
    communities in the Americas. :wink:

not so much our enemies, as those who would seek to persecute us and people like us. At the same time, after we “fled” Holland, the main reasons we left Russia initially were forced conscription. Many left because of the actions of anarchists like Machno, as well as Stalin and his 5 year plan.
    Machno is the closest that one might consider to being “our enemy”. Although he attacked our villages, murdered and raped our citizens, tortured our children, we did not flee because of him.

• There are different levels and types of enemies.
    You don’t have to be an enemy to have an enemy.

• eh why dont we just be simple and quick. Holly wood Liberals are Complete Idiots ;)

• Just the liberals? How about: “Hollywood actors are complete idiots”?

I stick by what I said: if anyone cares one whit more about what an actor’s political views are than the average American’s, they need psychological help. Some of what Woody Harrelson said I agree with, but it doesn’t change the fact that he will never be President; I would NEVER want him to be President; & no one in their right mind would care what he would do if he WERE President. 'Cuz A.) That would NEVER happen, and B.) Nobody cares what Harrelson thinks anyway…

Correct me if I’m wrong…

Ozone27

• @Ozone27:

Just the liberals? How about: “Hollywood actors are complete idiots”?

… Some of what Woody Harrelson said I agree with, but it doesn’t change the fact that he will never be President; …

Correct me if I’m wrong…

Hmmm … Why do i have to think of Ronald Reagan at the moment?

• @Soon_U_Die:

This is perhaps the most asinine thing I have read in years. If this is evidentiary of your powers of reasoning…I think I’ll just put you on permanent ‘ignore’.

What does asinine mean?

BTW: You are likely so confused as to not realize the origins of your US fights, UN feeds, EU pays comment. This originally sarcastically meant that the US had to do all the real work, while the Europeans took the easy way out and wrote cheques. This is not a pro EU comment, quite the contrary. But then again, you probably don’t undertsand the history of NATO either. No matter, like so many phrases this one is subject to revisionist actions to make you feel better.

Yes, i did not know about the origins of that saying. Even if meant sarcastically, i still think it is a fitting description of the situation.
    For the “easy way out”: Well, where do you take the money from to refill your arsenals? For me going in somewhere, beating the cr*p out of them, that is the “simple” way, when you count on short campaigns. But then brooming up the litter left and rebuilding it, that is more complicated, as you have to think of the people, how the situation that had to be cleaned up arose and how you can make sure it doesn’t happen again etc. You need to understand the culture, sentiments etc. of the people there.

Put me on your permanent ignore if you want, i can stand it. Accuse that i can’t reason, i can stand that as well. You can even keep up insulting me, with nice rethorics around, i don’t mind that either.
    I do respect you for your knowledge on A&A. Nothing more.

• US Rep. Marcy Kaptur, D-OH,
    on why the US should not attack Iraq, said,

One could say that Osama bin Laden and these non-nation-state fighters with religious purpose are very similar to those kind of atypical Revolutionaries that helped cast off the British Crown.”

I don’t think so, Marcy! The American Revolutionaries ‘fought for freedom’ and ‘against taxation without representation.’ However, the Muslim Fundamentalist Extremists are fighting for Islamic Theocratic State’s Rule in the Middle East, and the destruction of Israel and the United States(from the speeches of ObL.)

• Although the goals of the groups are vastly different, the means of fighting are incredibly similar.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m